• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Leopard 5692 w/ stock motor mount?

daravelli

Hi guys,

I just picked up a 5692 1340kv leopard motor for a really good price on ebay. Will it mount up to the stock Chimera EP motor mount? I'm guessing not, but thought I'd check. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Ol' fart

You can make it fit but your gearing is going to be too high. Your going from a 980KV to a 1340 KV and you can't change you gear ratio enough to make up for it.

daravelli

Ol said:
You can make it fit but your gearing is going to be too high. Your going from a 980KV to a 1340 KV and you can't change you gear ratio enough to make up for it.
I'll be picking up one of your motor mounts soon enough anyway. What do you recommend for gearing with the 5692 1340kv on 8s?

krashkrieg

Contributor
Ol fart, Is it because you can't change gearing on chimera? I run that motor in my xbe on 6s with stock esc, just change gearing with your motor mount and its a beast.

Daravelli, 8s on that light rig is overkill and probably impossible to gear for that motor.

chapinb

That kv and stock mount you cannot gear it correctly. With the 7075 mount you can.

I cant help much with specific gearing as I have the 1090kv and larger tires, but if you know how to use speed calc from brian g, im geared at about 55 mph on 8s. The diff ratio is 3.1. Thays plenty fast in anything but an open field.

Watch amp draw on the motor, 1340kv can be a killer for the esc if its not monitored with quality batts.

Ol' fart

krashkrieg said:
Ol fart, Is it because you can't change gearing on chimera? I run that motor in my xbe on 6s with stock esc, just change gearing with your motor mount and its a beast.Daravelli, 8s on that light rig is overkill and probably impossible to gear for that motor.
That's it , the stock gear choices are 10/41 and 11/41

I don't know what tires you are running and that makes a huge difference but, start with a 10/48 and keep an eye on the motor temp. If it's not getting too hot try a taller gear, like a 11 or 12. Just don't run it super hot. I have melted the plastic gear that way.

daravelli

Appreciate the responses guys. Sounds like I need keep buying 7075rc parts and pile some weight on this thing if I'm going to be running this motor on 8s, lol.

Ol said:
That's it , the stock gear choices are 10/41 and 11/41I don't know what tires you are running and that makes a huge difference but, start with a 10/48 and keep an eye on the motor temp. If it's not getting too hot try a taller gear, like a 11 or 12. Just don't run it super hot. I have melted the plastic gear that way.
Stock tires for the moment.

G

Your going to need some serious throttle control with a 1340kv on 8s. ;)

daravelli

rookie101 said:
Yep, I tried running this motor on 8s and it's uncontrollable and hard on escs. Lots of fun, but better on 6s.
What are those of you running the 5692 1340kv on 6s geared at?

krashkrieg

Contributor
Well with the 11 I can run my hostile nightmare rears and rip up all sorts of grass and temps stay in check. If I try a 12 I will switch to all fronts, or only use my lighter hpi tarmacs...on road only.

daravelli

Well, I'm going with you guys' suggestion of doing 6s with the leopard 1340kv. I should finish getting the 7075rc mount installed tonight, and I've got batteries coming later this week. Getting excited to finish this thing up!

crazivi3tdude

hey what pinion are you running with the 5692? I have the same motor but all my pinions are 8mm. got me scratching my head for several days, Kershaw Design is completely out of the bore reducer for a while

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts