• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Lauterbacher 3-shoe aluminum?

fastlane

Team Driver
where can you get replacement parts for these clutches? Those are for road cars right?

DemonRC

Those actually work. The other 3 shoe, the new one, is crap. I tore the hell outta it and am fighting with DDM to refund me my $189. Also, DDM had replacement shoes for that clutch.

fastlane

Team Driver
that new design is like werks racing for nitro. I used one for a half of a tank and it crapped out on me. I like the stock style for its affordability and parts avalability. Simple yet tough. Some times the simplest way is better in the long run.

DemonRC

fastlane said:
that new design is like werks racing for nitro. I used one for a half of a tank and it crapped out on me. I like the stock style for its affordability and parts avalability. Simple yet tough. Some times the simplest way is better in the long run.
That's so true. Sometimes things are over engineered. That's another reason why I love the Rampage. It's simple and works well. Kinda like an AK-47 :)

DemonRC

I was actually thinking about getting the old non aluminum 3 shoe clutch for the Rampage if DDM will exchange the broken one. I like the design of it plus I can get a hold of high grade clutch lining that can be cut to replace any worn shoes. It's the same grade stuff they use in 1:1 race clutches. I just like the fact that I would be able to maintain it myself without dishing out $65 to DDM everytime I need shoes. If you don't have access to material like that you can find other good quality clutch lining from McMaster Carr:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#60895k22/=3hur30

Af 3/16" x 15" x 15" could make 225 1"x1" squares which would be 75 sets of clutch shoes for $65. Not bad eh?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts