• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

LargeScaleRC fun run

looker2756

Contributor
Obeast44 said:
Damn, Bob thats some nice engine carnage!
I can add my "custom lightened" flywheel to add to the list. :D
I missed pics of that one ... Never seen a custom lightened flywheel like yours. 1 1/2 fins I don't think would cool very well & I'm sure it was a balance nightmare too. Good catch though, that could have made an engine look kinda like the one I posted.

dodginbulls said:
so when is the next one
No plans as of yet ... All weather related now & I know I need to have at least one or 2 weekends to catch up on things around home before Snow flys. Any plans will definitely be announced as soon as possible. Two more days & were going to check out the I-hobby EXPO again in Chicago. Never know whats new around the corner ....

looker2756

Contributor
dodginbulls said:
i thought this was the REDCAT RAMPAGE FORUMS how come most of the pics are of
tbll's, 5t's, and MCD's
The pics. are just of what was on the tracks at the time. Being as racetruck was taking pics & Ron E was taking pics. There are 2 Rampages that are not in the pictures due to being Photographer at the time. The ones you see are the Redcat XT & XT MT in these pics. It was a great test for them.

looker2756

Contributor
dodginbulls said:
yea i was talking to obeast last night about this and told him i was going to make that comment just to mess with him i gotta put up with him every night at work so its good to get a little payback
I see. It's always a bit of fun to torment the ones you work with. We'll see if he has anything to add ... Maybe a TBII pic. :eek: :D

Obeast44

Banned
Ya gotta put up with me? Hahaha Between you and SLHawkins....I don't get a moment's peace. Besides if you wanted to see more Rampage pics you had a few options....ride up with me or let me take your Rampage and try that double backflip! :D

I cant wait to see some video of the action. Grizzled was shooting some good video of most of the 4wd cars in action.

grizzledcamudgen

Here is one clip, I have a lot more to go through. I will put more on here so stay tuned!!!

This was all that I had time for during my work week but tonight is my last night before the weekend so I'll go through more and get them on here!

p.s. I did catch Rob64n's wild runaway! :D

[ame=[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuR9I8LYf48&hd=1"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuR9I8LYf48&hd=1[/URL]]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuR9I8LYf48&hd=1[/ame]

Here is one from the next day (Sunday) at our local park. It's all window shot from my GoPro camera.

[ame=

[MEDIA=youtube]NZiIZcBNGj8[/MEDIA][/ame]
STAY TUNED!!!

grizzledcamudgen

Obeast44 said:
Love the video Grizzled!!! It definitely shows how much I need to improve my driving :D
Hopefully I can get up there in a few weeks for one last run before winter.
Thanks!

I think your a pretty good driver, a helluva lot better than me! If you can make it up here one more time, that would be great!

grizzledcamudgen

racetruck said:
Very nice videos that was a close one with the run away nice grab :eek: :eek:
Thank ya!

yeah, that is right after I had bought the 4PK and didn't have it set up correctly. It tried to do it again right after this one, needless to say I didn't fool with it until Rob64n straightened it out at the Sept. fun run.

Kudos to Rob & Obeast44 for squaring my rig out! :) She's running like a champ now!! (see 2nd vide:D!)

racetruck

grizzledcamudgen said:
Thank ya!
yeah, that is right after I had bought the 4PK and didn't have it set up correctly. It tried to do it again right after this one, needless to say I didn't fool with it until Rob64n straightened it out at the Sept. fun run.

Kudos to Rob & Obeast44 for squaring my rig out! :) She's running like a champ now!! (see 2nd vide:D!)
I throught the 4pk went crazy :eek:

looker2756

Contributor
dodginbulls said:
any idea if there will be one next month and when
All comes down to Temps. & Weather conditions. We have not scheduled anything as of yet.

grizzledcamudgen said:
Need to find out from looker2756
if you haven't found out yet, I can check on it.
Great job on the Vids Grizz !! Looks like you been working hard on editing too.

Thanks for sharing your collections with all of us.

grizzledcamudgen

looker2756 said:
All comes down to Temps. & Weather conditions. We have not scheduled anything as of yet.
Great job on the Vids Grizz !! Looks like you been working hard on editing too.

Thanks for sharing your collections with all of us.
Thanks! :D

I have more to put on here, it's on my list this weekend, definitely!

Right now I am installing lights (Head, tail, bucket, ground) on my truck. Looking good so far! I'll post pics when done.

grizzledcamudgen

Well here is one more video from the fun run on Oct. 16. I have another one processing right now, I'll put it on here after it's finished. Sorry no onboard cam I can't find the vids!! :mad: I've looked all over for them! If I find them I'll put them on here, definitely!

We all had a great time! Thanks to everyone that went and to IHP for having the event!

[ame=[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFFbayC96js&hd=1"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFFbayC96js&hd=1[/URL]]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFFbayC96js&hd=1[/ame]

and here is the other one! Sorry again for not having the on board camera footage! That gripes my butt! :mad:

[ame=[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFWEmei7Coc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFWEmei7Coc[/URL]]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFWEmei7Coc[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

looker2756

Contributor
rob64n said:
the do's and don'ts if you see your radio twitch change it and little things like that won't happen,lol...
3rd channel kill switch / failsafe will solve it easier.

racetruck said:
nice video Grizz !!!of are run away it was all i could do to hold the XTB to the ground and i couldn't get to the kill switch because the hole was to small :eek:
I seen your nitro run off last time & watched the end of the XTB run away this time. All I can say is it only takes one time to Seriously get someone hurt. That is what we ALL need to concentrate on. Troy had a VERY close call on that one. Buy a 3rd channel kill switch / failsafe for the big car at least.

One thing NONE of us need is for someone to get hurt !!!

Awesome catch on video Grizz !

racetruck

looker2756 said:
3rd channel kill switch / failsafe will solve it easier.
I seen your nitro run off last time & watched the end of the XTB run away this time. All I can say is it only takes one time to Seriously get someone hurt. That is what we ALL need to concentrate on. Troy had a VERY close call on that one. Buy a 3rd channel kill switch / failsafe for the big car at least.

One thing NONE of us need is for someone to get hurt !!!

Awesome catch on video Grizz !
My nitro has a failsafe built in the radio it had a mechnical problem with the throttle linkage came off the servo and jamed wot:eek:

as for the XTB rob m told us the radio was working great and we was:rolleyes:do we use it or not. it was a two channel radio and are fail safe and kill switch wouldn't work i'am glad i had my extra speky receiver and i still don't trust the speky radio yet do need to get the v-2 killer bee the one i want kills the motor no matter what go's wrong :D

looker2756

Contributor
racetruck said:
My nitro has a failsafe built in the radio it had a mechnical problem with the throttle linkage came off the servo and jamed wot:eek:
as for the XTB rob m told us the radio was working great and we was:rolleyes:do we use it or not. it was a two channel radio and are fail safe and kill switch wouldn't work i'am glad i had my extra speky receiver and i still don't trust the speky radio yet do need to get the v-2 killer bee the one i want kills the motor no matter what go's wrong :D
Wow definitely sucks to have a linkage issue. We have had servos go bad & that is No fun either.

The XTB with a what a 6 channel receiver & only a 2 channel radio. Bummer that is happened like that, but No one was hurt even the buggy. ;) The AC1000 & AC2000 preform the same way your wanting, just not with Spektrum. Even the Killer Bee v-2s has limitations, because of Spektrums delay for their failsafe.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts