• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

KM all terrain fronts with RamTech adapters

Dirtconvert

I bought the adapters from Rampage Hop Ups, thanks Rob. They are extremely nice parts and fit to a "T". Next I bought some KM Hpi copy cat complete wheels off Ebay. The seller is a dealer and was able to sell me a complete set of fronts only for the buggy. The rears are ridiculously wide at 3 1/4 inches. I have misplaced one of the adapters so I just fitted the rears for now until I find it!! This way at least you can get a good idea of just what a difference these tires make. Ground clearance is noticeably taller, not to mention I can now buy HPI tires from anywhere for cheap compared to OEM complete wheels and every hobby shop has 'em in stock!!!! We are hoping to get out to the bike jumps on Wednesday so I will get some video on youtube if that happens. Meantime, just a few pics....

IMG_20110620_185944.jpg

IMG_20110620_190306.jpg

IMG_20110620_190315.jpg

IMG_20110620_190200.jpg

Dirtconvert

Yes, they are just way wide, another 3/4" wider than fronts. With the buggy being 4wd having hugely wide rears doesn't make sense..IMO. The RamTech adapters have more offset than stock so the added tire height in front should be fine.

Dirtconvert

I think you are misinformed. Taller tires increase rollout, which is an increase in distance per revolution, which in turn increases top speed for same motor rpm. As far as cornering, if I were to drive on a groomed race track probably but anywhere else not as of yet.

E5B

Dirtconvert said:
I think you are misinformed. Taller tires increase rollout, which is an increase in distance per revolution, which in turn increases top speed for same motor rpm. As far as cornering, if I were to drive on a groomed race track probably but anywhere else not as of yet.
Yup, I agree !

Reflux

Dirtconvert said:
don't get me wrong i like it, how does it run? faster? when i went from 31" tires on my jeep to 35" tires the jeep was turned into a slow dog... is that the same for rc cars?

hobbsa23

Dirtconvert said:
I bought the adapters from Rampage Hop Ups, thanks Rob. They are extremely nice parts and fit to a "T". Next I bought some KM Hpi copy cat complete wheels off Ebay. The seller is a dealer and was able to sell me a complete set of fronts only for the buggy. The rears are ridiculously wide at 3 1/4 inches. I have misplaced one of the adapters so I just fitted the rears for now until I find it!! This way at least you can get a good idea of just what a difference these tires make. Ground clearance is noticeably taller, not to mention I can now buy HPI tires from anywhere for cheap compared to OEM complete wheels and every hobby shop has 'em in stock!!!! We are hoping to get out to the bike jumps on Wednesday so I will get some video on youtube if that happens. Meantime, just a few pics.... IMG_20110620_185944.jpg

IMG_20110620_190306.jpg

IMG_20110620_190315.jpg

IMG_20110620_190200.jpg
Thanks for the pics its about time someone shows what the adapters look like with wheels on.

Dirtconvert

Reflux said:
don't get me wrong i like it, how does it run? faster? when i went from 31" tires on my jeep to 35" tires the jeep was turned into a slow dog... is that the same for rc cars?
That would be slow on your speedo only. You are traveling much faster than your speedo is showing. Usually when you go bigger on your tires you change your pick up gear in your tranny too.

Reflux

Dirtconvert said:
That would be slow on your speedo only. You are traveling much faster than your speedo is showing. Usually when you go bigger on your tires you change your pick up gear in your tranny too.
yeah the speedo is about 10mph off, but the jeep is a SLOW! like acceleration wise. thats why i'm asking about rc cars, because the tire is about an inch taller. although electric motors have tons of torque... so that shouldn't really be a problem... thats why i'm wondering if its noticeable when driving...

Dirtconvert

Reflux said:
yeah the speedo is about 10mph off, but the jeep is a SLOW! like acceleration wise. thats why i'm asking about rc cars, because the tire is about an inch taller. although electric motors have tons of torque... so that shouldn't really be a problem... thats why i'm wondering if its noticeable when driving...
I can imagine with the 4cyl engine, much bigger and heavier tires it would have an impact on acceleration. With the XB-E and the CC MM motor, I didn't notice any difference in acceleration. Just the car covered a lot more ground in less time. Remember HP is the power required to move 550lbs- one foot over time. The strongest human on the planet makes 3/4 of 1 hp! The CC MM makes close to 7hp peak. no power issues with rc's unless they are the small ones 1/12 or smaller I would suppose. IMO.

To gear match for the running gear of the XB-E, I need an 8/48 to be close to a 1:1 ratio with the oversize tires.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reflux

Dirtconvert said:
I can imagine with the 4cyl engine, much bigger and heavier tires it would have an impact on acceleration. With the XB-E and the CC MM motor, I didn't notice any difference in acceleration. Just the car covered a lot more ground in less time. Remember HP is the power required to move 550lbs- one foot over time. The strongest human on the planet makes 3/4 of 1 hp! The CC MM makes close to 7hp peak. no power issues with rc's unless they are the small ones 1/12 or smaller I would suppose. IMO.To gear match for the running gear of the XB-E, I need an 8/48 to be close to a 1:1 ratio with the oversize tires.
cool thanks for your input...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts