• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Killer ride

krashkrieg

Contributor
First off ...Really Nice MT... :D

I like your tank a lot, I've seen others, but I think you're the first blue.

With my all blue truck I have to go for that mod next... :cool:

Shoe Goo works great for sealing the hole..

If you have Metal gears stock, you should have no problem.

If you bash it, to make it bulletproof, you may want to consider Titanium arms (or threaded steel rods) and the bumper mod to strengthen the gear boxes.

Now go get it dirty! :p

rampagemt

I am gonna do the suspension arm mod as soon as I get the correct screws. I got shoe goo still left from the body so I will give that a try and do the balloon

Over the connector. I am goin to get it dirty once it's gets warmer.

caveman

Thanks deluge going to upgrade to aluminum when I can, in the meantime ill drill the plastic ones and anchor em down. Now with the aluminum upgrade do I need different pins?

rampagemt

I will stick with plastic and drill them. I never really messed wth the gear plate or the gears on it for my pre rtr plan. Do I need to do anything to the gears under the cover or the shafts before i start it up

Ildy666

Temper your diff cups.but u have to remove your diff housing and seperate the to halves

temper the cups and reinstall in reverse order.or wait till u break one.

Ildy666

I have a v3 and broke.2 cups on the second tank of fuel.after tempering the cups i havent had any problems.so its the luck of the draw...

Deluge

rampagemt said:
I will stick with plastic and drill them. I never really messed wth the gear plate or the gears on it for my pre rtr plan. Do I need to do anything to the gears under the cover or the shafts before i start it up
Just make sure the gears are seated properly. Some have had gears that don't sit flush on the squares.

Deluge

caveman said:
Thanks deluge going to upgrade to aluminum when I can, in the meantime ill drill the plastic ones and anchor em down. Now with the aluminum upgrade do I need different pins?
To be honest, I don't know if Redcat carries the aluminum holders, anymore. I know TheNitroRcShop carries them but from what I've read, you do need different pins for that setup.

rampage idiot

If you get the newest aluminum suspension holders they are adjustable and you need new design pins held in with e-clips, unfortunately redcat is having a problem and they cant even give me a part #, they said in a couple weeks? Call redcat and talk to Billy thats who I talked to, he knows all about the problem

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts