• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Kershaw designs- XBE upgrade

kwidelski

Hi this is Ken. Hope all is well.

Has anyone heard of Kershaw Designs and their Redcat XBE modifications?

I just came across their site this week and I'm interested but wanted to check here first to see what everyone knew.

Ken W

gosha

I am interested as well. Looking at Castle MM XL ESC/ Leopard 5692 1090KV combo myself...

kwidelski

Nice. I'm just not sure about his other cars since they are built from parts of other brands like traxxas, XTM and hpi. What do u think?

bigfol

gosha said:
I am interested as well. Looking at Castle MM XL ESC/ Leopard 5692 1090KV combo myself...
Great combo, I will be using that motor or 910kv with 8s, as soon as I get my new house sorted out, as for kershaw's, he has some nice set up's and goodies to buy, but I have found his knowledge and business dealings to be some what questionable......just my 2 cents worth and expience.

bigfol

kwidelski said:
Do you think his grenadier or stalwart buggy and truck is worth it?
I was contemplating getting his grenadier before I found my xbe, have never bothered to re-vist it after hoping up my xbe.....7075 motor mount and runnng gear is so superior to whats on offer at kershaws.....

Last edited by a moderator:

gosha

bigfol said:
I was contemplating getting his grenadier before I found my xbe, have never bothered to re-vist it after hoping up my xbe.....7075 motor mount and runnng gear is so superior to whats on offer at kershaws.....
What upgrades did you do?

Does it make sense to buy just a roller from him and do upgrade myself?

Or just buy whole setup and change motor mount to 7075?

Do Mamba XL2 and Leopard motor have the same connectors and connect without soldering?

One nice thing that he can already solder deans :)

bigfol

gosha said:
What upgrades did you do?Does it make sense to buy just a roller from him and do upgrade myself?

Or just buy whole setup and change motor mount to 7075?

Do Mamba XL2 and Leopard motor have the same connectors and connect without soldering?

One nice thing that he can already solder deans :)
I have most of 7075's gear accept the diff cases and shock towers, they are on my to get next list, if you running 6s or more you may want to think about getting some 6-8mm bulit connectors rather than deans connectors, less resistance better amp flow and they wont melt, I got a roller from him and up graded just about everything,check out my pic's(bigfol's pic's), learn to solder its not hard, watch how to do it on youtube, it will save you in the long run, kershaws motor mount works fine, I think 7075's looks 10 times better IMO. I think it much better to get the roller and go from there,otherwise you just end having to sell all the stock stuff on ebay and huge discount....goodluck

bigfol

Kaz the Minotaur said:
I have the Kershaw XB-E motor mount and there have been no problems with it. Plus I am using more power than his 8S set up.
Yeah it works ok, I just think 7075's mount looks so much better and it has a nice gear cover to keep all the crap out.....

gosha

bigfol said:
I have most of 7075's gear accept the diff cases and shock towers, they are on my to get next list, if you running 6s or more you may want to think about getting some 6-8mm bulit connectors rather than deans connectors, less resistance better amp flow and they wont melt, I got a roller from him and up graded just about everything,check out my pic's(bigfol's pic's), learn to solder its not hard, watch how to do it on youtube, it will save you in the long run, kershaws motor mount works fine, I think 7075's looks 10 times better IMO. I think it much better to get the roller and go from there,otherwise you just end having to sell all the stock stuff on ebay and huge discount....goodluck
I just converted Kyosho Inferno Gt2 to electric. Soldering not much problem but takes time :)

So you actually bought roller from him?

Did you upgrade steering servo?

Can't find your pictures :(

Last edited by a moderator:

bigfol

gosha said:
I just converted Kyosho Inferno Gt2 to electric. Soldering not much problem but takes time :) So you actually bought roller from him?

Did you upgrade steering servo?

Can't find your pictures :(
Yes I got a roller through him via a mate of mine who was doing some trading with him, not sure if he sells them as rollers to the general public,upgraded the servo to a hitec. you can find my pic's here....

http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/album.php?albumid=238

Knuckles

I converted my xbe to an MT. I am running 8s, with castle xl2-leopard 5698 710kv motor, steel 48t spur/9t pinion. I have purchased many things from Kershaw with success but you need to understand I don't think he does it full time.

twissted

Banned
I blew up the rear diff today. the crapy stock bearing sezed and to the pinion geat and housing out. I'm so sick of the quality of the bearings the Redcat uses.

I'll be looking at the 7075 housings as well.

gosha

twissted said:
I blew up the rear diff today. the crapy stock bearing sezed and to the pinion geat and housing out. I'm so sick of the quality of the bearings the Redcat uses.I'll be looking at the 7075 housings as well.

Looks like 7075 upgrade is a must...

bigfol

gosha said:
Cool pics. From where you got CF upgrades? I would do front plate CF as well :)
I bought a coulpe of CF plates and glued them together and cut them out using a dremal router table, you can't buy them off the shelf.... ;)

They have held up well, compaired to the redcat hop-up version, 7075 has just produced an alloy set of front/back towers which look 10 times stronger than stock....

FancyPants

I don't have an XT but do want one, basically speaking on my dealings with kershaw, I was doing a e-maxx build and bought a few things from him on different occasions during the process. Most of the items he has in stock and he ships quite fast. But just make sure to email and verify things are in stock. If not he will refund (had to do that for some chassis braces). Also if you are looking at the XL MM esc, look at kershaws custom esc's he has some that are 12s +. Good luck with your build I'll be browsing this section when I get ready for my 5th scale buggy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts