• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Junk electronics

chevy

Hamster your right say no more, on a baja , all the aftermarket parts are ridiculously over- priced theirs just no fun in spending thousands of dollars , remember this is a hobby ment to be fun!!! And breaking the bank is not the way to get their, don't get me wrong you get what you pay for, but I think alot of things are sold because of names and logos and what the "cool guy" at the track is running , finding what you like and what works best for you without breaking the bank is what makes 5th scale interesting and fun weather you own a baja or a rampage their both amazing pieces of machinery, I just prefer rampage over baja but the next guy might like baja's the "argument" makes no sense arguing over one anothers preference, also redcat did offer a roller at one time you just missed out

Last edited by a moderator:

Deluge

The RC market in general is overpriced, but that doesn't take away from the fun factor. I have just as much fun with my MT as I do with my 5T. This isn't about preferences, this is about frustrated customers coming to this site for support and inevitably receiving the Baja comment. That doesn't help the situation, it just makes it seem like there's an underlying grudge within the community.

pipeous

I want one of every model/brand myself if I could afford it... well I never want another hobby pro anyway hehe. couldn't believe a slash hitting the back end and busting all the parts on the hp and driving away... happened twice. I watched it happen. way too funny. dude gets hit. sees he's broken. walks over, picks up car to see right side broken. sets it down and the slash hits him again while he's standing there. yup left side broken haha. I ended up buying the car. man was he pissed

pretty much every rtr rc has junk electronics. it's like a given to anyone that does rc a lot, that you change them out. it's either tower pro, gws, or even some with no labels we've ever heard of (and probably a rebadged name anyway) or no label at all... that should tell you something right away.

I've had a few redcats. I actually got one of the first out. I know for sure around here. back when everything snapped. the drill bit shank for dogbone pins was my idea thanks :D (I raced an ek4 with a 70 heli engine, and had to do something to keep them from snapping). see even thunder tiger makes crap dogbones hehe. and I was a sponsored driver then. so my complaints about redcat were a lot worse then. I bailed out. got the rally cuz I ordered one and not fair to stick scott with it. it was a fun car other than the knuckles falling off first run from stripped screws. learned you need alloy knuckles. sold that car to a buddy here and bought another and ordered knuckles before it even arrived. that second rally has seen some serious abuse. I mean off roading, jumping.... got t boned drifting a corner on road by a baja (how I busted the jet pro), rolled and flipped me many times... cracked the body but... so even if I have complained about redcat, I only ever stripped gears in the second rally. great car. And to be honest my 4wd vw drivetrain is binding and am thinking myabe i should have kept the redcat LOL ... it was so smooth. anyway I am rambling/killing time because I still haven't finished the vw and have to get back at it

chevy

but for them to be frustraited and come online and complain how junky the rampage is and vent instead of fixing their broken part, that 99% of the time is broken from operator error :) im just saying rampage and baja are both good 5th scales they are diffrent but equally fun and thats really all to be said.

pipeous

I hear you. that's the problem with the internet. the ease of which we can complain. and some live by the addage the squeaky wheel gets the grease so if they complain loud and long enough they will get greased.

Hendogg171

Can someone tell me where to buy a good steering @ throttle servo, give me the part # an website, these servos r junk, hendogg171

Hendogg171

They don't have much for these cars, I think that sucks, I want to fix my truck up, I can't stop my servos for jumping an making noise

Zapped

Very interesting topic here,Redcat is an entry level 1/5.I think they are making it affordable to get into the hobby.It is up to buyer to do their research to see what they are getting into.In the RC hobby no matter what scale you are into you will have to replace parts or you will want to upgrade no matter what.I agree that the electronics are cheap but good electronics are expensive,therefore it would make the kit that more expensive.I remember when I got my first RC it came with bushings which I up upgraded to bearings and it came with a mechanical speed control,which I upgraded to an ESC. I own two 1/5 RedCats and No.3 on the way and I am still using the original electronics which I have not had any major problems with.only problems I have had was my fault by running through water and replaced them with the same Redcat parts which I had access to at the time,I water proofed them and they are still working up to now.

Last edited by a moderator:

racetruck

Hendogg171 said:
Can someone tell me where to buy a good steering @ throttle servo, give me the part # an website, these servos r junk, hendogg171
here is a good servo for steering

http://www.airtronics.net/index.php/servos/digital-servos-1/airtronics-94780m-mg-digital-high-power-servo-z-conn.html

and this one for throttle

http://www.airtronics.net/index.php/servos/digital-servos-1/airtronics-94774-digital-hi-speed-bb-mg-servo.html

or you can go for the cheaper hitec 805bb for steering and 645MG for throttle

Hendogg171

Well my servos be jumpin an I tried to do some adjustment but they still jump, I love d truck, I have a few Rc cars,2 ss baja 5 b, 2 jatos, 1 4tec, 1 elec russler, I want to up grade the rampage like I did the others

Hendogg171

Oh ok thank y'all so much that will make my day there

Hendogg171

I want to know if I put a mod motor on there what kind of problem will I have with d gears an the dog bone, will it tear them up, an if so what's a good gear an dog bone to put, I want to put a zenoah motor on there from cc racing, I have one on my baja, an thats a bad ass kicking motor,

racetruck

the servos that i am running are the hitec 805bb for steering it is a large scale servo and the hitec 645mg for throttle as for the begger motor the dog bones will ok the gears will hold up as long as you vent the gear cover real good or don"t run the gear cover at all

Hendogg171

So what a good steerin an throttle servo that I can buy an what website I go to, can somebody tell me, an do they have more gear for speed r what can I do to make it faster

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts