• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Junk electronics

Hendogg171

An do they have any street tire for it, what's d fastest that u can make them go, an what I need to get,

Obeast44

Banned
So basically to sum everything up. You bought it, had a few issues with the radio gear ,got free replacements and new wheels because you broke them on asphalt.(Seriously? You expect us to believe that?)

You saw that you were still having range issues and you CONTINUED to run it and almost hit "Ray" when it "ran away". Now you want Redcat to reimburse you for the time and money working on it. After you noticed you still had range issues and kept on running it, you took all responsibilty for the damage on yourself. Thats the way I see it.

csp1971

Contributor
My rules of buying an RTR, ANY RTR:

1) Take it apart, front diffs, rear diffs, tighten all set screws and use some good threadlock.

2) Don't rely on cheap radios and equipment they come with, don't replace them with a Spektrum. Get a Futaba (although I have just recently purchased a super cheap radio to try.) They are there to get you going, then you eventually replace them.

3) Buy a killswitch.

4) 5th scales generally don't take the beatings that the 8th and 10th scales do. So don't expect them to unless you like to break parts.

I personally don't believe Redcat owes you any more than you have been given. After all of the free parts, you were offered a discount on any other parts you need. That sounds like pretty good customer service to me. I have a Losi Aftershock that had some problems with a one way bearing a few years ago. I called Losi twice and I was never given a replacement or the courtesy of a call back. I was irritated and replaced the whole clutch system with an LST2's. That's poor service in my opinion.

Zapped

Man I don't know what the hell you were doing with your TT to break wheels,I have had a TT for Two years,running hard on a bumpy track,jumping it,rolling it and taking direct hits on the wheels and still have the original wheels. The only thing that ever broke is one of the beadlocks and it's still on to this date.

So I would say you are a lucky man to get them replaced. I now own Three 1/5 Redcats and I would buy another in a heartbeat.

Deluge

zxhwk said:
well like i said at the ending you make your own decisions and as stated this is my experience with this product and company not yours so do as you wish . No need to bash on me because I got a lemon of a car that has so many problems from the start .
As for continuing to use the car well that isn't true because where I am located I don't go out to play in the snow because these car don't like water so I have only played a few times since Jan 3 2011 As of right now we are getting about 6 more inches of snow here in Queens NY thats what they are calling for.

So I am sure its gonna be a while before i even play again . This is how its been the last 2 and a half months.

So say your own opinion don't bask me on here what does it accomplish to bash people (NOTHING) so keep it to your self only need opinions and knowledge here

Shows how educated you really are if you revert to those tactics to get someone agitated with your rude and volgure coments.

Thanks you very much
But...weren't you just bashing Redcat? Practice what you preach, Dude.

Also, I have to agree with previous posts, this sounds like owner neglect.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zapped

zxhwk said:
well what do you know i own one of this piece of shit cars so i am entitled to bash it don't YOU THINK
THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT PEOPLE ON HERE TRY AND MAKE THINGS PERSONAL AND THERE IS NO NEED TO

SO SHUT UP AND PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH DUDE (HOW HOMO)
Hey Guy,This is what a forum is about sharing and voicing opinions but you have to be careful you are on a forum of Redcat owners, majority who have had good experiences with this company so to come on here and bash Redcat in that way.I can't see you getting any other response,from many of the older members.Also many of the replies to what you have said are based on experience.

Obeast44

Banned
Deluge said:
Also, I have to agree with previous posts, this sounds like owner neglect.
I concur completely.

zxhwk said:
well what do you know i own one of this piece of shit cars so i am entitled to bash it don't YOU THINK
THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT PEOPLE ON HERE TRY AND MAKE THINGS PERSONAL AND THERE IS NO NEED TO

You can bash it all you want, in a respectable manner.

Zapped said:
I can't see you getting any other response,from many of the older members.Also many of the replies to what you have said are based on experience.
Thanks Zapped :)

zxhwk said:
Well maybe they were lucky and in the conquest of saving money redcat has cut back on there quality of workmanship who knows I have had many redcats over the years as well that is what is so supprising I got a LEMON ok. All I was saying is some morons on here and other forums like to make it personal and that isnt right in anyway shape of forum PERIOD.
As I have stated earlier its only MY opnion not yours or others just information only . Its not directed at anyone person in this forum it directed at REDCAT the company . If this guy would have thought a bit before he post a STUPID reply.

then we would have this dicussion
Redcat has improved there quality immensely over the last few years. Sure the radio gear and servos are crap, ALL RTRs are that way. My point is this, you had issues, they fixed them. Upon getting a new RX you had another issue. Instead of doing the safe thing and shutting it down and contacting Derek, you opted to keep running it. And you wonder why you had a runaway? Thats like driving with an extremely low tire and blaming Goodyear when you have a blowout. Common sense is a great thing, try and find some some time will ya?

You can call me names all you want, I frankly couldn't care less what you have to say.

Deluge

zxhwk said:

Who made it personal? Who's bringing all the hostility? Go play in traffic...blindfolded.

Zapped

zxhwk said:
go play with your mommy little boy you need more brest feeding to grow up shit for brains
redcat sucks shi****t and so do you
Heyyyyyy!!!!!....I don't think this is the place for this,PLEASE CUT IT OUT!!!!!....Robbbbb,Please deal with this.

booggieman2u

Hahaha y do people get so mad about things lol my mt had bad servos when i got it oh well stuff happend no reason to through a tantrum like a pissy little girl lol thank for the great ejection action rob glad to see you keep a great comunity around here :)

RampageHopUps

YOu guys can complain with respect all day long. ANd the issues get solved. But once you start acting like a troll, its ejection time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts