• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

John Blaze Chimera build

John Blaze

these are the new wheel hexes and cvds redcat are using no more threaded diff cups or hpi adapters these are 24mm

John Blaze

On the parts manual it says 24mm but i guess I'll have to measure them myself before I grab some new wheels.Ive done a few more mods on it just waiting for the new tires before I post some more pics.

chapinb

John Blaze said:
On the parts manual it says 24mm but i guess I'll have to measure them myself before I grab some new wheels.Ive done a few more mods on it just waiting for the new tires before I post some more pics.
Any chance to measure to hex?

Does the Chimera use MT or XB stub axles?

timberbill11

Supporting Member
Have one of these on order so:

Did a bit of research on the Chimera wheel hex size, some of it with Redcat on the telephone today. They are saying that the hex size is 23MM and as in parts manual the adapter is a pin type like the MT.

Also did a bit more and cross referencing and came up with:

Wheel bearing size = 16x8x5 mm same as xt

Axle od = 8mm same as xt, MT = 12mm

CVA drive shaft length = 130 mm pin to pin

Upper and Lower control arms & rear top link = same as xt

Front steering mount & bearing carrier = same as xt

Rear bearing/axle mount = same as xt

So in a nutshell........... Same undersize ( IMHO) wheel brgs. as the XT but a pin type 23mm hex wheel adapter with 8 mm bore.

Hope this all helps you ....... I know it did me......... now I can get some stuff around for my incoming.

John Blaze

Well I finally got my new tires & rear hpi hubs but the ID is too big to fit on the Chimera wheel axle.If anyone knows which adapters fit please help me out ?

G

There are some in the works. But as of now I don't see any advertised. Check with 7075RC. They might be able to fab up a set for you.

RampageHopUps

People have been buying Ramtech adapters and XT axles.

I will have bolt on adapters in a few weeks.

G

RampageHopUps said:
People have been buying Ramtech adapters and XT axles. I will have bolt on adapters in a few weeks.
Sweet! They are needed....

John Blaze

Im back, finally my parts have arrived and the build goes on I installed some carbon fiber tube over the drive cups to prevent the cups from splitting on hard impacts

John Blaze

now for the steering 7075rc heavy duty steering very smooth with the bearings

John Blaze

new wheels and tires there rovan mt knobby tires on plastic beadlock rims im also using 7075rc hex adapters with black caps they look sick

G

Look'n good!

John Blaze

Next I'm going to take it out for a nice bash session and break in these new tires shouldn't be a problem in the snow

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts