• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

John Blaze Chimera build

John Blaze

Almost forgot I'm also using 7075rc suspension bushings four in total on the rear a arms

John Blaze

In the shocks I put 40wt losi shock oil and the diffs I have 60000wt front and back the handling is much better now

Last edited by a moderator:

BertR

You will like them tires in the snow... I groved the knobs on mine for winter fun ..your build is looking good!

G

John Blaze said:
Next I'm going to take it out for a nice bash session and break in these new tires shouldn't be a problem in the snow
Now that sounds like fun!

Ildy666

Lookin good...i like all the hop ups also like the butterfly knife. Is that in case some one interups ur build...lol...keep up the good work...

phreerider

just did the full read/and vids very nice, john. may get one, but my XB has been great .

the lighter units XB/chimera/XT are nimble and tough...DR is close second as well as losi sand rail ...oh choices.

nice detail , thanks

John Blaze

Thanks, I still got a few more pics to upload of some mods that I have done

John Blaze

That is exactly how my diff cup looked when I broke it the carbon fiber has made my drive cups much stronger and I haven't broke anymore drive cups since.I got the carbon tube on ebay I believe it's 20mm ID just type carbon tube and diameter it should pop up I got the idea from a thread on this forum best mod you can do to your drive train the copper or steel tube would just add more rotational weight and is harder to install I just glued the carbon on with some thin high quality tire glue

Last edited by a moderator:

vmark

Thanks for the update John

I will try the 22MM OD x 20MM ID X 500MM LONG Carbon fiber with 1.0mm thickness from ebay

John Blaze

Yes the measurements are right. Just make sure to lightly sand down the inside of the carbon and outside of diff cup before applying the glue.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts