• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

JetPro all mounted.

Clubin

Banned
I got the JP pipe mounted up and gave er a run, it fit like a

glove. It is a little loud for me to run without the silencer, so we'll see how much it restricts the power when it warms up a bit.

misc044.jpg

misc043.jpg

misc042.jpg

misc041.jpg

I just have to hack the body a bit to get it to clear.

mooman007uk

Banned
were your bearings loose in the gear plate, i gonna have to use stud and bearing fit to stop mine flopping around, they;re not sloppy just not tight enough to stop them coming out.

how are you liking the side pipe

Kaz the Minotaur

I like my Jet Pro. I would like to get that silencer so I can run it at my house. Let us know how much it restricts power.

You need more shock / diff oil in the first pic! :D

fifthscalejunkie

jetpro

hey clubin, The pipe looks great! How much of a power increase. How does it compare to the tgn pipe? Also i noticed that it is very close to your pull start. Will that melt your outerwears? How much of the body did you hack up? Could you post some pics with the body on? Also could you make a quick video so i could see a speedrun? What size motor do you have in it. Any answer's to my questions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Junkie

Clubin

Banned
fifthscalejunkie said:
hey clubin, The pipe looks great! How much of a power increase. How does it compare to the tgn pipe? Also i noticed that it is very close to your pull start. Will that melt your outerwears? How much of the body did you hack up? Could you post some pics with the body on? Also could you make a quick video so i could see a speedrun? What size motor do you have in it. Any answer's to my questions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Junkie
Kaz, I've been at this a long time, you should see my peg board, there is probaly 2000 + in parts for everything from FG to MCD to X-Ray to Redcat to Losi LST2.

Power increase, I can't say, it is -25c here with 14" of snow, I won't be doing any speed runs till the white is all gone.

It is a little close to the outerwears, but the fan is moving air real good, I don't think there will be any issues.

I don't know how much of hte body I have to cut yet I haven't realy sized it up but when I do I will take some pictures.

The engine is a DDM Race ported 28.5cc BB kit, I have it yanked apart , base gasket was leaking I tried a copper one, I can't get the darn things to seal properly, idling it was blowing bubbles out between the pot and the block. Looks like a stock Zenoah gasket is going back in there.

Hope that helps junkie.

mooman, yes, the bearings were loose in the gear plate, all I did was to set them into some black RTV. Should be good enough. Some seal set or maybe there is somthing special for setting bearings into aluminum. I had a fun time setting up the gear lash on the crown to pinion once I installed the gear plate I had just atad too much lash for my liking, all fixed with some expensive MCD shimms. lol Probaly not abig deal but I like things to be perfect.

mooman007uk

Banned
Probaly not abig deal but I like things to be perfect.
Me too, I've been accused many times of being too fussy whatever i'm doing but if I know it's not right then to me it's wrong...no such thing as good enough!
Have you annealed the gasket, they often work harden after the copper has been rolled and punched out cos they're so thin...did you get the .020.

I'm just going to use blue locktite round the bearings, napa had no bearing fit.

Clubin

Banned
Yes, I had the .020 in there, I put a stock blue Zenoah one in there with a dab of silicone where the case splits on each side.

No more copper gaskets for me, I thought they would be better than that, but like you say, they don't exactly squish in perfect.

Kaz the Minotaur

What are you running in your LST2? I converted mine to brushless.

I'm using a copper head gasket. I put a think coat of red RTV gasket maker on both side and it sealed fine.

Clubin

Banned
Kaz the Minotaur said:
What are you running in your LST2? I converted mine to brushless.
I'm using a copper head gasket. I put a think coat of red RTV gasket maker on both side and it sealed fine.
I am running a RB TM 728 in the LST2 with stock pipe.

I tried some High Temp oil safe black, it didn't hold though. Ah maybe I'll try it again another day.

yolonda21

Contributor
Hey clubin , you run with that jetpro yet? I've got one but never mounted it yet. Are they any good? I'll be puttin it on an esp 27.2 zenoah. How loud is it?

Clubin

Banned
Yes, it makes real nice power, but they are UGLY!

Loud, that is an understatement, it'll make your ears ring real fast.

I am not running the sliencer I did not want to hack the body up even more than I had to by cutting just about the whole side of the body off.

mooman007uk

Banned
using gasket sealer with a copper head gasket defeats the purpose of having one...may as well use a paper one. I reckon .020" is too thin to squish right anyhow, head gaskets I've used on V8's and bikes were way thicker and once annealed squished and sealed like they're supposed too.

Clubin

Banned
mooman007uk said:
using gasket sealer with a copper head gasket defeats the purpose of having one...may as well use a paper one. I reckon .020" is too thin to squish right anyhow, head gaskets I've used on V8's and bikes were way thicker and once annealed squished and sealed like they're supposed too.
I heated the copper base gasket to red with a propane torch all around then let it cool, I sanded the carbon off and installed it BIG difference. It makes the gasket extremely pliable. I still applied a very thin bead of black RTV on the gasket snugged it all up and it is perfect. I didn't know they needed to be annealed. Now I know. thanks

mooman007uk

Banned
Glad it worked for you...I always annealed copper gaskets way back from my dirt bike days when i thought girls were good for nothing but playing with barbies and being stupid

substitute barbie for baby and nothings much changed:D, except that dang furry (or not)cat..... :D :D;) hmmmmmm cat

good thing this forum is a sausage club or I'd be in the stinky stuff

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaz the Minotaur

So the annealing the copper gasket changes the properties of the copper and makes it seal better?

I suppose I could accomplish that by holding it in the flame on the stove burner?

Clubin

Banned
Kaz the Minotaur said:
So the annealing the copper gasket changes the properties of the copper and makes it seal better?
I suppose I could accomplish that by holding it in the flame on the stove burner?
I think propane torch is the easier, and yes annealing changes the properties drastically.

toomanytoys

differnet mount option for silencer

A little different mount solution for silencer

toomanytoys

Kaz the Minotaur said:
Did you notice any performance decrease with the long tube?
It seems to be the same with short or long tube and I run it on both a stock 23cc rampage and the one in the pic is 29CC ESP. After it cartwheeled with the original silencer and the short tube it snapped the tab on the silencer. I used some of my baja silencers with a shorter/flat tab and it fits nicely inside the rear bumper and no issues yet.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts