• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

It's ready

Obeast44

Banned
XBENOOB said:
Not if you put the other battery where the motor used to be... That way you would have both batteries on one side, and the motor on the other side.
There isn't enough room there with the Spur cover and motor mount. Trust me, if I could I would have that huge castle motor in my car for sure :D

Ol' fart

Good call Obeast44, didn't see that.

If you just had to get one in you would have to move the mount back 3/8" by re-drilling the mounting holes and make new driveshafts to length to fit the new location.

XBENOOB

Obeast44 said:
There isn't enough room there with the Spur cover and motor mount. Trust me, if I could I would have that huge castle motor in my car for sure :D
Well... If you can't go horizontal.... go vertical... There should be enough room to mount it on the chassis brace.

See... The taskmaster 5000 (aka the wife) said that if I pay off my credit card... I could get an early x-mas present... That's why I am looking at this motor and esc combo...

I can get it for about $500 CAD plus the motor mount bundle from 7075rc... Plus a couple of 5000mah 4s batteries.... :D

Dirtconvert

I spoke with Dan at Kershaw and he is managing to get the 2028 motor into the XBE. However, after our talk he told me that the Leopard will be a much faster motor and still not have any heating issues. The 2028 is purely a torque motor and you will be hard pressed to gear it high enough to match the leopard. The other issue is the CC weighs almost 1lb more than the leopard which is still heavy at close to 2 lbs. The CC motor was designed for vehicles in the 26+ lb range not to mention it is only an " 8" s motor!! Why bother. My two cents.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts