• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

It's ready

Ol' fart

Finally. The motor mount for the XBE has passed all test and will be up for sale tomorrow on my site.7075rc

I will offer a package deal for those who want a complete setup.

Mount, motor cam, spur gear, pinion gear, chassis brace. 125.00

All parts are avalible seperatly.

This is the same mount Qbeast44 ran at the largeScaleRC. He ran something like 85,000Ma thru it and said it showed almost no wear when he inspected it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Obeast44

Banned
Aye, the mount performed great. The teeth on the gear look almost perfect, it should definitely hold up to very well. With the 48 spur and 10t pinion motor temps on the 1717 with no fan were well within specifications recommended by Castle Creations. Power and speed were plenty, if I get my hands on some footage from the Powerjam I will be glad to show just how much speed :D

If you want a badass bomb proof XB-E this is definitely an upgrade you need to buy, along with his steering knuckles and rear carriers of course. :D

I will be installing another mount and a 1340kv Leopard Hobby 5692 onto RonE's XB-E in the coming weeks. That setup should be even more crazy than the 1717.

Ron E

Contributor
yep, motor mount package, carriers/bearings, hitec 5755 servo, maybe shock towers if they come back in stock, complete tear down to lock tite whats needed and service the diff's.

thanks ol'fart for making a awesome product at a great price and to obeast for the build. i can't wait to run this beast. :D

hobbsa23

Obeast44 said:
Aye, the mount performed great. The teeth on the gear look almost perfect, it should definitely hold up to very well. With the 48 spur and 10t pinion motor temps on the 1717 with no fan were well within specifications recommended by Castle Creations. Power and speed were plenty, if I get my hands on some footage from the Powerjam I will be glad to show just how much speed :D If you want a badass bomb proof XB-E this is definitely an upgrade you need to buy, along with his steering knuckles and rear carriers of course. :D

I will be installing another mount and a 1340kv Leopard Hobby 5692 onto RonE's XB-E in the coming weeks. That setup should be even more crazy than the 1717.
Do you have pics of the mount in your ride?

Ron E

Contributor
Obeast44 said:
Me first! :D Maybe for the next fun run your knee will be good to go. You won't believe how good these cars are on the track.
the knee will be good to go, on crutches now till surgery in 2 weeks. as long as the fun run is on a sat i'm in.

lateralrectus

Obeast: I know I've asked before, but what ESC will you use with the leopard if you are running more than 6S Lipo?

Obeast44

Banned
The stock esc, its a decent unit and mine finally gave up the ghost after countless hours of hard running pushing the 1717 to its limits. At $65 for a replacement from Redcat they are hard to beat. I plan on staying on 6s until there is an affordable 12s capable car ESC that isnt $500.

There simply isnt a viable alternative in my price range to the stock ESC.

Dirtconvert

fluxn81 said:
And the code?
No codes. His price is our best price. For the 125.00 for the kit and everything the kit includes is really a good deal. I am negotiating my motor right now and will buy the kit immediately after I have secured my motor. If anyone cares to know, I chose the Leopard 5682 1360kv for my application. Going to run 15/41 as a starting point.

hobbsa23

Dirtconvert said:
No codes. His price is our best price. For the 125.00 for the kit and everything the kit includes is really a good deal. I am negotiating my motor right now and will buy the kit immediately after I have secured my motor. If anyone cares to know, I chose the Leopard 5682 1360kv for my application. Going to run 15/41 as a starting point.
We will be awaiting the reviews.

XBENOOB

Just a thought here..... I know the motor mount was made to fit the Leopard 5692 into the stock location for the XB-E.....

But.... Couldn't you move the battery on the right hand side (same side as the servo) and move it to where the motor sits... rotate the motor mount 180, and install the Castle 2028 ... It's only 1mm bigger in diameter... and there should be enough room length wise....

Any thoughts..... will it work....

I mean... you have to move the receiver box anyway....

Ol' fart

The diameter being bigger is not a problem, it will fit. I don't think you would have to move the four mounting screws, they look centered too, so drill one new hole for the 4Mm screw and remount one battery holder. you should be good.

XBENOOB

Obeast44 said:
You could do that, but you'd lose the ability to run dual lipos. So itd kill your runtimes.
Not if you put the other battery where the motor used to be... That way you would have both batteries on one side, and the motor on the other side.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online