• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Is this a fluke I hope?

Greggfromohio

UPDATE:

I originally thought that only the crown gear had damage but after taking the pinion gear out and cleaning the grease off I noticed it too has some teeth that were chipped. So when I contacted redcat warranty I explained the broken gears and also ask about the discrepancy between the style of gears in my truck and the ones listed in the parts manual. A couple days later they emailed back and ask for pictures of the damaged gears so I sent them some. A couple more days went by and they emailed me and said that they are going to cover the gears under warranty, which is good news. However they failed to explain the 2 different styles of gears. Sorry fellas, it looks like this one is going to remain a mystery.

Jfetzer

I have put a alot of abuse through mt since putting the odd looking replacement gear its holding up fine

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

G

Redcat now shows both gears on their site. The helical is out of stock though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.