• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Is there any interest in custom shock towers for the MT?

Nitrolio

no physical pics yet sorry, just the model I posted above. Sorry about that.

Nitrolio

just noticed something I forgot to move when I added the extra mounting holes for the shock. I forgot to move the holes for the body mount holes up, if they need to be moved I will change that after I can pick these up tomorrow and test fit the tower on the mt.

Nitrolio

was excited to pick up the towers today and when I got to work there was 2 sets ready. Bad news on them though, our laser guy has a tough time lasering the holes on the towers. So I have 2 towers that look horrible and 2 towers that are just blanked out. Its not a huge problem but I was hoping to pick them up, clean them up a bit then test fit them. I'm going to either transfer drill the holes out or put them on the small hobby mill we have at the house and add the holes that way. I know its getting late now but will take a couple pics and post them in a few minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nitrolio

ok here they are, you can see the ones on the left have the pierce holes but look like poop.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nitrolio

thanks. Heading out to Monterey today so no time to play with these. Tomorrow I will see if we can get these leaned up and test fit.

side note - I was thinking of removing some of the mounting holes lol, seems like over kill.

G

Those look pretty nice!

Nowheretogojs

For the second round of proto. See if you can bring the ears of the tower and curve them outwards to gain some vert on the shocks.. May make the suspension a little more progressive... or work up a way to inboard the shocks across the tower.. kind of like the top shock of the CEN genisis had...

Nitrolio

Nowheretogojs said:
For the second round of proto. See if you can bring the ears of the tower and curve them outwards to gain some vert on the shocks.. May make the suspension a little more progressive... or work up a way to inboard the shocks across the tower.. kind of like the top shock of the CEN genisis had...
I like that design as well and will give I go after this first set is done. Thanks for the input.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts