• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Intake Manifold

Stygian

Banned
Any recommendations for an aftermarket intake manifold for the MT as I read a thread that the stock one can warp.

MrMeatHooks

Yes, looks like sandard flange for CY, HY and Zenoah Motors. I was thinking about an aluminum spacer, however I have used plastic/phenolic spacers on intake manifolds and the truth is, they are cooler. The point is to keep the carb as cool as possible, the cooler the carb stays, the denser the fuel charge. . Aluminum spacer heats up very quickly and transmits heat right into the carb bolted to it. I would say aluminum is more for looks, then performance

Last edited by a moderator:

Stygian

Banned
Oh ok, thanks for that info, I don't really have a preference I just want a different color outside the stock one it comes with, I don't really care for the aluminum/plastic look so trying to change as much as I can do get rid of the black plastic look.

MrMeatHooks

There may be custom colors available. I would use some High temp paint on the black one, be sure to get all of the oils off first using dawn soap or laquer, these work great on oil. If it will work on an oily V8, it should work on an RC car lol.

Stygian

Banned
MrMeatHooks said:
There may be custom colors available. I would use some High temp paint on the black one, be sure to get all of the oils off first using dawn soap or laquer, these work great on oil. If it will work on an oily V8, it should work on an RC car lol.
I might just buy a new plastic one and paint it. When painting things you always have to primer it first right, I don't know much about painting.

MrMeatHooks

Primer is good to use on plastic, I use Dupli-Color High Heat paint w/ceramic. This stuff is GREAT. Can be purchased at your local auto parts dealer.

Stygian

Banned
What air filter are you using, I like how it points up, the one I have now hits the throttle/brake servo which I don't like too much.

Stygian

Banned
aah ok, I just might buy a different filter then to go on velocity stack I have. Also looking at that stack it reminds me I lost (no idea how) the screws for the carb/air filter, you guys know what size/part number I need to reorder them?

Sergio

Dude go to The hardware store if they are too long Just cut them with a dremmel thats what i did. I missplace screws all The time too

Stygian

Banned
Sergio said:
I go to ace hardware store Just bring The carb and manifold so You can try them two washers and two lock washers
Good idea, but I'm too OCD/Anal and have to have the original ones that are made for it otherwise it will just piss me off knowing they aren't the ones made for it lol.

Sergio

Stygian said:
Good idea, but I'm too OCD/Anal and have to have the original ones that are made for it otherwise it will just piss me off knowing they aren't the ones made for it lol.
Oh ok im The same way but sometimes cant wait For The mailman

Ildy666

MrMeatHooks said:
Yes, looks like sandard flange for CY, HY and Zenoah Motors. I was thinking about an aluminum spacer, however I have used plastic/phenolic spacers on intake manifolds and the truth is, they are cooler. The point is to keep the carb as cool as possible, the cooler the carb stays, the denser the fuel charge. . Aluminum spacer heats up very quickly and transmits heat right into the carb bolted to it. I would say aluminum is more for looks, then performance
The plastic intakes warp from heat causing air leaks and engine failure.don't purchase a plastic intake and paint it not worth the hassle.buy a good aluminum intake and get good gaskets.plastic is cooler for 1:1 automobile cold air intakes bc the air is not heated so quickly by the hotter metal tubes so ur forcing colder air to the motor.but on rc engines u wont notice the difference of a 1 inch plastic intake plus the high temps warp and cause severe tuning issues.ask any one that switched to a aluminum intake if they go back to a plastic one.i highly doubt it....just my 2 cents...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts