• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

installing new servos

jonathan13

Hey guys. I got my MT today. I know everyone's reaction is shocked at how big it is when they see it for the first time- I now share in that awe. It's GINORMOUS! Lol

Here is my question. What is the process of installing my new steering servo? I know it currently has 2. What needs to be done to change to this one new servo? I assume this has been covered so if someone could provide me with a link, I would be greatly appreciative.

I assume the throttle servo install is fairly straightforward since it's a one to one swap out.

Thanks in advance guys!

claude bigelow

jonathan13

I am having trouble getting the 5765 to fit where the old servo was. The mount holes don't line up. :(

jonathan13

I found the thread on modifying the servo mount for the 5765. I will have to go snatch up a cheap dremel tomorrow.

jonathan13

I went ahead and drilled new holes by hand lol. And used my dogs fingernail trimmer to cut off the top nubs lol

jonathan13

got it done. I am very proud of myself lol. I like how it cleaned up the truck and made it feel much less cluttered.

jonathan13

Went to Walmart today to pick up a dremel, as I am sure I will be using it for many things on this truck. I opted for the more expensive model and I must say it is a neat little tool.

I also picked up two Energizer AA battery chargers and some rechargable AA batteries for the radio.

I cannot wait to pick up some oil and get the killswitch so I can start running this beast.

jonathan13

My thinking exactly. I figured I may as well go ahead and spend a little more now and have good quality that will last.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts