• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

I know nothing

G

Krashkriegs post on the Leopard 5692 and a pair of 6s ran parallel is a good reliable setup. Not too extreme but a good improvement over stock.

Guantanamo Joe

So... just over 400 bucks for an upgrade... which is also what you'd spend on a solid motor... but what I keep thinking on is that then I have more motors that fit all my cars :D

I was swayed for a minute, but I a am back to my ultra conservative thinking now... I'm just now getting good at tuning engines... ha ha ha

G

Guantanamo Joe said:
So... just over 400 bucks for an upgrade... which is also what you'd spend on a solid motor... but what I keep thinking on is that then I have more motors that fit all my cars :D I was swayed for a minute, but I a am back to my ultra conservative thinking now... I'm just now getting good at tuning engines... ha ha ha
Yeah I hear ya, LOL

You'll want to try one some day! It's unavoidable. A true disease. LOL Good thing is there is always another RC for the cure. :D

G

The Drone is the ultimate RC!

G

I would love to show up to my local RC air park with one of those. :D There would be some serious jaw dropping!

Guantanamo Joe

For me the best part is that I can control it with my iPod... no need for ANOTHER controller. I was going to buy the new 2.0 version but I got the xt instead... now I'm in love with dirt slinging, gas breathing cats... :D

Knuckles

If I could put in my two cents I have to say one thing, a good charger makes the electric experience great. A cheap charger ruins the fun. A good charger is very pricey though. Iam a die hard electric guy and cant go gas because of where I drive rc cars

Guantanamo Joe

I am sure a good charger does make a great difference in the electric fun... you don't want to wait all day for a charge, but you also don't want to ruin an expensive battery... I am hoping that where I move next I will be able to play with my cars near the house, and if I cant, then that might just influence the hell out of my next purchase as well.

Either way, the great news is that I am saving my pennies and will buy a new platform before too long- this one I think I will have to make something special out of :D

Deluge

Guantanamo Joe said:
I don't know crap about electric at all. So if someone could answer this for me I would appreciate it.How does a stock XBE compare to one of the gassers? Is it faster? Stronger? I am sure it is a lot lighter...

I am weighing my options for my next big purchase- and though I have told myself I want to keep all my parts interchangeable, at least one quiet truck would be nice to own... ha ha ha

Thanks in advance,

Joe
Electric is fun as hell, dude. But it doesn't compare to a gas vehicle. You don't have that BRAAAP with electrics.

Deluge

Knuckles said:
If I could put in my two cents I have to say one thing, a good charger makes the electric experience great. A cheap charger ruins the fun. A good charger is very pricey though. Iam a die hard electric guy and cant go gas because of where I drive rc cars
Completely agree.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts