• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

I know nothing

Guantanamo Joe

I don't know crap about electric at all. So if someone could answer this for me I would appreciate it.

How does a stock XBE compare to one of the gassers? Is it faster? Stronger? I am sure it is a lot lighter...

I am weighing my options for my next big purchase- and though I have told myself I want to keep all my parts interchangeable, at least one quiet truck would be nice to own... ha ha ha

Thanks in advance,

Joe

G

There not any stronger. However, the lighter weight is easier on the suspension components so they fair better in a wreck.

The stock top speed is about the same as it gas version (XB). It is much quicker, as most electrics are. The torque electric motor produce is amazing. Electric motors don't really have a power band. They produce the same power throughout the rpms.

G

I know you have a few gassers. IMO an electric is a nice change.

Guantanamo Joe

I can understand that it's a nice change... but Im having a hard time justifying it seeing as I own nothing that goes in an electric car... I know batteries are expensive as hell and have no knowlege of motors or speed controls or anything. If it's not really much stronger stock, then maybe Ill just keep looking toward the XSC... got engine parts for it already :D

G

Guantanamo Joe said:
I can understand that it's a nice change... but Im having a hard time justifying it seeing as I own nothing that goes in an electric car... I know batteries are expensive as hell and have no knowlege of motors or speed controls or anything. If it's not really much stronger stock, then maybe Ill just keep looking toward the XSC... got engine parts for it already :D
Nice change meaning:

It's a completely different animal. It is the differences that keep it so enjoyable for me.

The XBE is a blast to drive!

Last edited:

Guantanamo Joe

I am sure it is... and I love low maintenance...

Im just saving my pennies... when I have enough, I will know what to get next :D

If I were to make a rally car, which platforms do you recommend? I have seen your XB-E and it is amazing... are any of the gassers a good candidate?

G

Any of them will work. It's just a matter of stiffening and lowering the suspension. A good set of tires and that's about it. All the X-series share the same suspension on an almost identical chassis.

G

You could use your XT since you now have a MT.

Guantanamo Joe

XT is gone... sold it to a guy who really wanted to get a truck but just couldnt afford one. Share the love, you know? Besides, I hadn't driven it since I got the MT and DuneRunner going good with upgrades :D

I am still considering the XSC though because I like the short course look. The idea that the XT loooked identicle to the MT (body wise) and just had smaller tires told me that I just didnt need it any more...

krashkrieg

Contributor
Even though it's more expensive, I really think you will have so much fun with an XBe...

There is nothing like electric on demand power...

Stock XBe

5692 1340kv

2-6s batts

You won't regret a penny!!!

G

Guantanamo Joe said:
I also like the body of the XB-E... pretty slick and low profile
Exactly! And these are even sleeker I'd have to throw one in for ya.

-

fd99dbb4.jpg

G

In the event I were to sway toward the XB-E... what upgrades are needed out of the box? As I said, electric is a whole new monster to me.
The same that you would want for the XSC. 7075 RC goodies!Motor, mount and batteries could come later.

G

Guantanamo Joe said:
Im looking at them, but Id have to save a lot more pennies than an XSC would run... I almost have enough for that truck now :D
Take your time man. don't be in such a hurry. LOL

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts