• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

I have a set of FG tires I want to send you

bigblkblazin

I would like to send you these tires so you can make some wheel adapters for the xbe . Tell me if you are interested .

carp boyz

Banned
bigblkblazin said:
Is the address on the site ?
how's it going brotha,just noticed your in Ottawa

where abouts you located?

there's a bunch of us baja dudes "12/15" here in the capital,we do a lot of dirt oval racing at RcR in Casselman as well as some bashing at a few different sand/gravel pits

we're always looking for some new recruits

the more the merrier

G

bigblkblazin said:
I would like to send you these tires so you can make some wheel adapters for the xbe . Tell me if you are interested .
Ol said:
Please do. I'd like to have those for sale on my site.
The FG uses an 18mm square like the XBE correct? :confused:

bigblkblazin

I am sending some of these shoes . You can all thank me later.

bigblkblazin

carp boyz said:
how's it going brotha,just noticed your in Ottawawhere abouts you located?

there's a bunch of us baja dudes "12/15" here in the capital,we do a lot of dirt oval racing at RcR in Casselman as well as some bashing at a few different sand/gravel pits

we're always looking for some new recruits

the more the merrier
I moved from Ottawa last year. I mentioned on the forum that I wanted to kick it with some guys running 5ths but they shunned me . 5ths are much bigger in calgary.

carp boyz

Banned
bigblkblazin said:
I moved from Ottawa last year. I mentioned on the forum that I wanted to kick it with some guys running 5ths but they shunned me . 5ths are much bigger in calgary.
that's to bad man,you definitely met up with/talked to the wrong bunch of dudes

we take our 1/5 scale very seriously,we are the true baja addicts in these parts

and..........................................lovin it :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ol' fart

Stuck on the design. Can't figure out how to make the FG square fit on the Redcat axle without modifying the rims, and that won't work.

G

Why is an adapter needed? Is it to avoid pulling the drive cup and squeezing the bearings?

You could do just the square with a pin that mounts to the Chimera axles.

Ol' fart

I wish it was that simple but.... The hole in the chimera axle is too far in to be covered by the rim so no0thing would hold the pin in. The FG axle must have a male threaded end to take a nut, 8mm. So the threw hole is too small for the 10mm axle and too big for the old 6mm and they don't have enough thread to protrude from the FG wheel anyway so that won't work.

G

There is a set screw inside the axel that tightens against the pin.

Ol' fart

That solves one problem.

I could make a longer one to allow for a bolt in the end instead of a nut but it would add 1/2 inch per side.....maybe that's a good thing.

G

I don't think we are on the same page.

The pins are held in like this. This is a MT diagram, but the Chimera is the same. No need for any additional fastener.

Extra width is nice, unless you need fender clearance.

Ol' fart

"No need for any additional fastener." ?

Something has to hold the wheel on to the square drive, a nut will not work because you would need a male thread which is fine but you would have to put a hole in the center to tighten up the set screw to hold in the drive pin. That would make the threads too weak. I think the only way is to extend the square drive out at least 1/2 inch and tap it for an 8mm bolt with a flange to hold the wheel on. Then , like you said the only problem is clearance, but I just don't like to go that wide. The FG wheels already have a wide offset built into the rim. I think you would end up being 2 inch's wider than an HPI wheel and that puts a lot of stress on the bearings. It may be easier to fit a FG axle into the Redcat carrier.

G

Gotcha...

Now I understand what your after. It's the extended thread issue.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts