• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

hydrolic brake set up

markrufrider

ok hey guys so iv been looking on ebay and iv seen a lot of baja hydrolic brake kits has any one put one on the dr before and is it worth looking into there is nothing wrong with the brakes on my dr but i thought these mite be easier to maintain just mounting it mite be a bit difficult

G

Anything is possible but since they are not a kit designed for your vehicle some modding will be required. I am in the process of trying to fit one onto my Rally. It will take some work to mount the clippers to the wheel bearing holders as they are not set up for them.

Sprint 77

Contributor
The redcat don't have a center diff like a mcd so it can be hard to get a true brake bias. I had some cad dwg for the rotors with the hpi style wheel adapter watercut for some disc brakes but never seen what it take to add a center diff in the MT platform

G

This is true. You can't have stronger brakes in the front as would be needed. Regardless of how you set them they would all drag close to the same.

markrufrider

i no what your saying lads but i thot if it was possible to run them on the front get them on the rear aswell rc dad can you send some pics in on how you mount the calipers to the hubs iv always wanted to no how they managed to do this cant seem to find any pics of hub mounted calipers

G

The Rally hubs come predrilled for the calipers. I will take a pic and get it posted.

ocy9

i think we could get stronger braking at the front simply by having larger front rotors and/or smaller rear pads.

G

The drivetrain will keep the same pressure front and rear. If you only had brakes on the front all four wheels would still slow down.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts