• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Hy30cc stroker kit

Burlzabra

i have a 2 bolt hy30cc (fuelie) if I bought a 30.5cc 4 bolt block... Would I be able to swap the carby, exhaust & clutch? I'm new to 1/5... I heard you can get the 30.5cc in a fuelie

Thanks everyone :)

Burlzabra

I'm not sure if a 4 bolt top end will bolt to a 2 bolt crank case, do you think I would be better off just buying the 30.5 head & block complete for 140 bucks including postage. Is their even much of a difference?

Phill

Burlzabra said:
I'm not sure if a 4 bolt top end will bolt to a 2 bolt crank case, do you think I would be better off just buying the 30.5 head & block complete for 140 bucks including postage. Is their even much of a difference?
If it was me I'd be investing in a 4 bolt Zenoah motor.

I've got one in my DR and they're much better than the CY & HY.

DDM has em complete with carby and clutch.

Phill

Burlzabra said:
I'm looking at this one here claims it's a rovan... Do you think it's a good idea moving all my hy30 bits and pieces onto this 30.5 4 bolt block?http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1-5-RC-Long-Block-4-Bolt-3-5-hp-30-5cc-Engine-Stuffer-Crank-fit-PRC-KM-Rovan-H-/361552388014?hash=item542e339fae:g:1G4AAOSwZjJU5rdZ
It says it will fit a Rovan not who it's made by

If you want a good trouble free motor I'd be buying this

http://www.davesmotors.com/zenoah-g290rc-engine-966669901-4-bolt-topend-g290-290.html

It will leave your 30cc 2 bolt for dead and last a lot longer than a chinese motor

Burlzabra

I'm a tight ss that likes to maintain, what do you guys think of the r320? Please don't compare to zenoah lol I'm thinking of moving my bits from my Chinese hy30 piece of goods to the r320 top and bottom end... Can I do this without any issues?

Phill

Burlzabra said:
I'm a tight ss that likes to maintain, what do you guys think of the r320? Please don't compare to zenoah lol I'm thinking of moving my bits from my Chinese hy30 piece of goods to the r320 top and bottom end... Can I do this without any issues?
There is no comparison.

In the long run the Zen will work out cheaper by not breaking stuff

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.