• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Hump pack battery question?

rcgasser

Does a 6 volt battery hump pack 5000mah provide more power then a 2000mah or does the battery just last longer? I was trying to find out if the 5000 pack would add more power to the servos? Thanks in advance for any help.

fluxn81

The higher the mah the longer run time. Power is rated in voltage. You need to upgrade your servos to utilize more power.

rcgasser

OK thanks very much that's what I thought I just wanted to check to make sure. Thanks again.

DemonRC

There was an article about this in RCCA a year or so ago about higher capacity batteries having more "oomph". This all applies to batteries powering RC cars, not servos. Take the C rating (20c, 40c, etc) and multiply by the battery capacity (5000mah, 5500, mah,etc) and you will get the max discharge rate in amps. So....

1) 5000mah 20c battery can discharge at 100 amps safely.

2) 5000mah 40c battery can discharge at 200 amps safely.

Now lets take two different capacity batteries with the same C rating:

1) 3000mah 20c battery can discharge at 60 amps safely.

2) 5000mah 20c battery can discharge at 100 amps safely.

So the same C rating doesn't mean they can accelerate a vehicle under load the same. The higher capacity battery will win everytime.

Now this doesn't apply to receiver batteries at all. We don't have that kind of load on the battery. So a 6v 2000mah battery will perform the same as a 6v 5000 mah battery.

rcgasser

Thanks demon for the technical breakdown that was very interesting!!!!!!!!!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts