• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Humidity/ dry air on engine performance

phreerider

Hey i lived at sea level and HUMID most of the time but recent cold dry air has moved in . AND WOW the performance enhancement!

i knew most engines are sensitive to moisture and elevation but wow what a difference. one day it was 90% hum. and the next day it was 45%, amazed how much more can come out this 30cc!. i bet you guys in the north/west with cold dry air have incredible power!

phreerider

actually i did, a couple passes i could hear it drying out. with the moisture gone MORE ROOM FOR FUEL! ultra super snappy on the throttle. plug is still brown. a little more smoke just a fraction.

veer a bit here..just got a CY46 from DDM for a scooter...talk about power HOLY CRAP! love the easy pull action on the start!

phreerider

cool guys! glad to know it wasn't my imagination. stark difference was there. summer time tuning is challenging, no wonder i could get the stock carb happy in 100% humidity

G

Cool dense air is a nice plus. :)

alfred e numan

Bout the only way to band-aid for up in the high country is to bpump up engine compression. Thinner base gasket- trouble is- it changessort timing. its worth a try though- be shure to check squish with solder and digital calipers. Changes port timing.- I cannot repair spelling mistakes worth a damm.

Kaceno

Cold air turns these into beasts! Playing around today, the stock motor with a pipe was moving around my XB with the 0.9 ratio belt pully and Baja tires great. It was great seeing the snow fly around. Wish I would have gotten it on video.

phreerider

yep, mill monsters up with dense vapors

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.