• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

HPI hubs and tires.

PhatDad

IMG_1853.jpg

IMG_1854.jpg

HPI hubs fit right up. No wheel clearance problem either. I think I might run some DS extenders on all fours with the pro truck body.

IMG_1855.jpg

The stock tires take a direct hit on the wheel. Maybe this is something the factory can fix. The stock wheels are very strong and hold there shape unlike the HPI wheels.

Last edited by a moderator:

RedcatRacing

Advertiser
Vendor
How did you do that phatdad and can you be more specific on the wheels taking a direct hit?

I will report it back to the factory asap.

Darin

RampageHopUps

The sidewall is so thin that the foam doesn't stay in-between the tire and the plastic rim. That is why HPI went to a molded foam to keep something in place.

flint mann

That was one of the first things I checked. I even ran my Hostiles on the back. Going the other way, Redcat to Baja, will definatly need axel extensions. The back of the rim will rub.

flint mann

Yes I don't know if it is becuase the hex on the rim is deeper or the redcat rim is deeper or the axel hex sits a little further back but it will rub. I check both front and rear, I have modded rear axels on the front of my baja. It wouldn't take too much of an extention to make it so they wouldn't rub. Here is a pic of the redcat rim on the front left side of the baja:

PICT0006.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.