• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

HPI Baja wheels and tires

MOfroggy

I mounted the narrow front and wide rear knobbie wheels and tires from one of my Baja's on the truck last night and it made a LOT of difference in the handling. In fact, all of the difference in the world. It turns a lot better and responds quicker. I used the narrow front tires and it worked OK for the test but I think I am going to get some rear baja tires for the front too. With this setup I got more roll overs but I think with the two wider tires on the front it should get better.

I left the gearing the same as stock and it was quick as a cat with some loss on the top end but where I run I seldom get to go WOT that often.

MOfroggy

I will try to do some pics tonight. I bought the 4 rear hubs from Rob.

One thing, that low to the ground with the new wheel height makes the frame into a real good grass scoop!!! (but nothing you can't live with)

MOfroggy

OK, here goes... I took my first video ever of my Rampage MT5 with the stock rear knobbies and the narrow front knobbies directly off of my Baja and installed them on the Rampage MT5. In MY OPINION (I hope I don't get shot for this!!!) it handles better than my Baja's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcezFqq-vA4

In the video I am driving the truck solely with my left hand, working the throttle and steering with that hand only and running the video camera with my right so what happens is a direct result of my lack of ambidextriousness (is that a word?) At about 28 secs. you can see that I have to jump the truck as it comes by.

IMO ( I think that means In My Opinion,I don't text message!) the Rampage is equal to the Baja and it is cheaper to get wanta be 1/5th scalers involved in our addiction. I just wish Redcat would tout the benefits of the Redcat Rampage line in major publications so that we would all benefit from more aftermarket hop up's for our Rampages.

Last edited by a moderator:

RampageHopUps

RC Driver Magazine just came out with a 5 page review of the Rampage. That should stir the pot. It takes about 3-5 months for magazines to get on-board with any new product.

MOfroggy

Rob,

I am very glad to hear that!! In my opinion the Rampage is better for what I want to do than the Baja. (Don't tell anybody that I said that..OK?) It is easier to work on, the support is great and 4 wheel drive will make a lot of people that want to bash and race a lot happier than the Baja.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sprint 77

Contributor
I have both and the rampage does handle better, It is like MoFroggy has listen to me speak Oh yeah that is right he has.

MOfroggy

Is this your attempt to exert dominance over me because of the 15 to 1 ratio of the number of years you have been racing 1/5th scales?!!! If so, I submit.....I have seen you race, modify and tune enough to know that I have a lot to learn from the Master!

MOfroggy

If the trade involves me getting a pipe that will run on the Rampage with the motors and hop up's we have on order from DDM (they will be here Monday), I am on board.

.....RAMPAGE, the way to GO!!!

Shiny

Looks good. I love the rampage from what I hear about it. Now I need to get one, as soon as I can afford it that is.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.