• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

HPI baja ss servo

kryptonite

hpi stearing servo's are pretty good with the metal gears. they last a good while, but after many gallons mine got pretty slow. i mean i wouldnt even go around a track, but it had many hard hours on it. the other thing is they cost $120.00 for that you can get a better rhino servo. they sell alot cheaper on ebay and i think "forist" got one for $50.00. the 745 is the most pupular servo as it works flawlessly and is durable. the next step up is the rhino multi plex wich is more of a racers servo. you don't need to run dual servos with the TT. one 745 is great, and dual 745's is all you will ever want or need.

here it is on ddm for $120, stock hpi servo

http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?t=2092

here is the rhino multi-plex. king of 1/4 servo's

http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.2546/.f

hamster huey

I tried one. Even though new on ebay was over $25 cheaper then the hitec I think the Hitec is better for the little bit extra dough. The HPI seems like it wore out faster and was slower but maybe thats just me. The HPI gearset and case can be purchased seperatly just like the Hitec (servocity)

kryptonite

hamster huey said:
The HPI seems like it wore out faster and was slower but maybe thats just me. The HPI gearset and case can be purchased seperatly just like the Hitec (servocity)
nope. mine did the same thing. it got so slow, i thought it was my new reciever pack so i replaced it.. it was just the servo. it worked great for a while, but it got real slow, real quick.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts