• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

How your XT shouldn't look

DemonRC

If I were in your shoes I'd leave the gears at 29/31 and fit a modded rear Dom pipe from an HPI. The rear Dom's are reknowned to give you tons of low end punch. If you replace that Xcan with one your gonna see so much more punch on the bottom and even be much faster on the topend. Your going to have to get somebody with a MIG or TIG to cut it and weld it back together though. The procedure is pretty simple. You only have to cut the pipe in 3 places, turn the tubing 180 degrees, and weld if back together.

ImminentFailure

I got the x-can so I could route silencers via flex tubing and exhaust out two holes in the side skirt mud guars for awesome-ness. The X-can came in the mail the same day I crushed my XT so it's uninstalled unassembled. I might just return it and pay DDM the 10% restocking fee.

I used to have a friend with access to welding stuff, but not anymore. So unless someone is going to hook me up with the mod work, I’m SOL there.

I like the exhausts coming out the back, I thought about going with the HPI tune pipe that comes stock with the Baja SS kit, but figured that was just wasting 80 bucks on ebay.

I know Jet PRO is the way to go, as my gearing and light weight shoes + spring give me nice launching power, but I kind of hate that gangster thing hanging off the side.

Was this recently added to the DDM line up, and/or is this only for the MT/TT line? I hadn't seen it browsing his site before.

http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.7668/.f

Is this the one you would cut to flip?

http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.6071/.f

To occupy me while the XT parts are sorted, I’m re building my RC10 gold A chassis, such memories, and such tiny parts!

ImminentFailure

booggieman2u said:
Man i have a access to machine and welding shop if i can help let me know
Thanks a lot. Maybe Demon can hook me up with a little more detail on where to cut and such. I'm trying to picture were it would go on the XT after modding.

ImminentFailure

Do people still recommend to boil the A arms and such to impart some flex into them, or are the recent redcats of good quality?

Figured while the thing is in pieces, best time to boil it up.

I also thought about rocking the pool noodle idea for the tires. I read a bunch of threads about boiling them off the rim, but what's a good glue to put them back on? Just some hobby super glue, or epoxy?

Last edited by a moderator:

ImminentFailure

I found lightforce's vid on youtube hehe. XB and XT are the same, this is just mounted 5b V1 rear dom inversely it appears??? I mean, the exhaust port flange is symmetrical is it not, this is a way to mount it without pipe mod. He did make a little post it looks like to bolt the mounting tab above the shock tower. Would have to ditch the rear body mounts and go lidless.

[ame]

[/ame]

reaganreagan

Yeah that bad news. That one is in bad shape. Let me know when you start parting out I would like to take a look at the motor if it is good.

r2

ImminentFailure

First box of the rebuild. for 44.95 + 15 in shipping this box of goodies has a chassis, brace, dirt guards, steering post, battery box, servo mount that holds the throttle servo and sterring servo, full throttle linkage.

It also came with all the screws in each hole. The only thing actually damaged in what is pictured was the chassis and brace. Chassis alone on redcat sight is 89.99, and $120 on large scale RC site, so for 60 bucks, I got a **** ton of stuff. Woot!

IMG_0022.jpg

PS. my exhaust was super destroyed, and I'm returning my x-can. Anyone have a stock exhaust box? I literally mean that POS black thing or whatever. It will be over a month before I can afford the jetpro side pipe, and I plan to have the rebuild done in the next week. Just before it got wrecked I was trying no pipe, boy was that snappy and ear bleeding loud.

TerraKill

ImminentFailure said:
First box of the rebuild. for 44.95 + 15 in shipping this box of goodies has a chassis, brace, dirt guards, steering post, battery box, servo mount that holds the throttle servo and sterring servo, full throttle linkage. It also came with all the screws in each hole. The only thing actually damaged in what is pictured was the chassis and brace. Chassis alone on redcat sight is 89.99, and $120 on large scale RC site, so for 60 bucks, I got a **** ton of stuff. Woot!

IMG_0022.jpg

PS. my exhaust was super destroyed, and I'm returning my x-can. Anyone have a stock exhaust box? I literally mean that POS black thing or whatever. It will be over a month before I can afford the jetpro side pipe, and I plan to have the rebuild done in the next week. Just before it got wrecked I was trying no pipe, boy was that snappy and ear bleeding loud.
i fitted a 5T baja highflow muffler, it looks just like the stock muffler but bigger, i personaly preffer it to the silver slugs :p it fits perfectly and is protected by the rollcage & shell so u shouldnt bable to damage it.

i picked mine up for £25 should b around $50 but prob less for you guys over there

powerslave69

don't get mad, get even

ImminentFailure said:
IMG-20110708-00016.jpg IMG-20110708-00017.jpg

IMG-20110708-00019.jpg

May be parting it out, so if you're interested in some cheap backup parts, keep an eye on the sale area. The back end is 100% fine, trans gears themselves undamaged, and fort a-arms, shocks, and CVD's all good. So is the center Diff and drive line. Rampge c-hubs and 7075 rc took it like a champ, after their first 10 mins of run time haha.
Just wondering, did dad offer to help buy parts or even a new one? Saw you started buying parts for it, good luck and give us updates.

ImminentFailure

He felt it was a waste of money from the start, he stated that he 'solved my problem.' In reality he increased spending. Found some good deals, and the dmaage wasn't as bad as initially reported.

Keith81

If my dad did that to my truck he woulda caught an ass whoopin!!!

IMA_MudSlut

be sarcastic!

ImminentFailure said:
He felt it was a waste of money from the start, he stated that he 'solved my problem.' In reality he increased spending. Found some good deals, and the dmaage wasn't as bad as initially reported.
He should be happy you got involved in this instead of scoring your first crystal meth :mad: I have a friend who would give anything to get his son off that drug. In fact, we talked about it and took him to the soccer field and showed him my toyz, bashing it. He just watched a few min. and just didn't want to have anything to do with it and instead begged me if he can go back to the van. I kinda figured what he was going to do so I took him back home instead. he's too far gone and needs intervention. I don't think an MT would do the trick. Ask your dad to read this and he might realize he's got a good thing going here.

ImminentFailure

Rebuild what?!!! Ahh parts!!!!!!!

IMG_0038.jpg

Hi Mr. Work area!

IMG_0030.jpg

MT/TT Plate to use the larger bearings (stock drop in for XT) Bearings from Boca throughout, spent 9 bucks a pop.

IMG_0033.jpg

Upgraded steering linkage/buffer mount. New front gear box, diff cubs, rebuilt diffs with 3K flid.

IMG_0043.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts