• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

how to keep bolt in steering hub?

brad1161

In the first pic on this thread is one of the bolts im talking about.

also is that a Dominator with the end cut off?

brad1161

Greggfromohio said:
It sounds like the steel bushings aren't long enough
bushings are what came with it. do you have this alum knuckle? its hard to explain. the bolt has nothing to bottom out into. Also you have to tighten the top and bottom evenly cause it flexes the alum. make sense?

Greggfromohio

No I do not have them so its kinda hard to make sense of it. To me it looks like there should be bushings in the piece that fastens to the truck(the piece u have your finger on in the first pic) The bushings should be slightly longer than the aluminum tab that they go through and fit loosely so they can turn in there. Then the bolt can bottom out on the bushing and it won't squeeze together and cause binding . Do u know what I'm saying?

brad1161

Greggfromohio said:
No I do not have them so its kinda hard to make sense of it. To me it looks like there should be bushings in the piece that fastens to the truck(the piece u have your finger on in the first pic) The bushings should be slightly longer than the aluminum tab that they go through and fit loosely so they can turn in there. Then the bolt can bottom out on the bushing and it won't squeeze together and cause binding . Do u know what I'm saying?
The knuckle is threaded not the carrier.

brad1161

This is how im keeping the bolts from coming out. drill and tap and put a 4mm grub screw in.

G

That's a great idea!

G

That looks good! Nice job!

That should hold 'em in.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts