• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

how to keep bolt in steering hub?

tsudo5th

%5Bimg%5Dhttp%3A//i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh540/tsudo5th/IMAG0031.jpg[/img]

How should I keep the bolts that thread into steering hub with out coming out or making steering to tight?

I think the steering hub is wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

tsudo5th

I just checked the website that I ordered from and the parts in the picture does not match the part I got. Part numbers are all right but not complete.

tsudo5th

%5Bimg%5Dhttp%3A//i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh540/tsudo5th/050006B.jpg[/img]this is what they are supposed to like like. Not the same.

G

The steel bushings keep it from getting too tight.

Use locktite to keep the bolt from backing out.

That is the correct part. Some stores still show the double fork design photo. The part you have is the newer version.

tsudo5th

Do the bushings go from inside or outside. Should I use red loctite? Do you use these new style? Strong enough?

Last edited by a moderator:
G

The simplified design is most likely easier to produce.

brad1161

Hey Guys. I just received my 050006b steering mount and its the new style i guess. Im kinda pissed that i didnt get the old style. The pic showed the old style.......Anyways have anyone had theses bolts come loose? You can barely tighten them before it drags. I plan on red loctite. I just cant believe they change the design! Any feedback would be great.

G

It was changed quite a while ago. Most likely to keep the cost of the part down. Most sites show the old picture. If anyone needs to see what the new part looks like. We have the correct photo on our site. http://www.rcpitstop.net/5th-scale-mt-tt-dunerunner.html

When ever you have a screw go into metal you must use Loctite or it will vibrate loose. Blue Loctite is strong enough.

brad1161

RCDAD said:
It was changed quite a while ago. Most likely to keep the cost of the part down. Most sites show the old picture. If anyone needs to see what the new part looks like. We have the correct photo on our site. http://www.rcpitstop.net/5th-scale-mt-tt-dunerunner.htmlWhen ever you have a screw go into metal you must use Loctite or it will vibrate loose. Blue Loctite is strong enough.
ok thanks .................

brad1161

RCDAD I have the V3 Mt with the 050004 alum gear mount. But it didnt come with the other bearing holder like in the pic. looks like the letter K. can i just get that piece?

G

The V3 does not come with gear plate 050004. It is not designed for the new 4pin gears.

No that piece only comes with the gear plate.

brad1161

mine came with the alum gear mount. i got it new. maybe i had wrong pn. ya just wanted to uprgrade from plastic.

G

The V1 and V2 came with plastic gear plates 050004 is the upgrade part for the early versions.

Here is the difference.

-

This is the V3 gear plate.

-

This is part 050004

G

As you can see in the pics, all three of the bearing holder are different.

brad1161

you are awesome. thanks I will buy from you from now on. I forgot all about the forum. drifted off into hpi. now im doing both. love the 4x4

G

Thanks man.

I also want to say the plastic bearing mount you have in the V3 is fine. I've never seen one break. I know the aluminum looks cool, but its not all that necessary.

brad1161

well it got nice here in Ohio. took my MT out and had a couple issues. Broke a rear hub pin. No big deal. But the 4 bolts that hold the alum knuckles on the carriers came loose with red loctite. I cant even snug them up before it quits turning.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts