• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

how to adjust brakes on mt please ??

aussie

hi guys

how are ya.

i took my new rampage mt a for a good spin yesterday.

went well,the new tgn fat pipe really kicks in nice hah.

i have a problem with my brakes now,they don't work!!

i wonder why they stuffed up so quick ??

whats the procedure to adjust them please ??

where the rod from the servo goes to them is that where you adjust the allen key bolt/spring ??

and do you need to pull the spring back or forward ??

iv tried all sorts of things,no luck!!

can please help explain/describe to me how to fiix this please ??

pics would be great as well..

hope to hear from you soon

cheers

glen

Australia

kryptonite

i replaced the spring with fuel line. it makes the brakes very sensitive. you don't want the mt brakes to lock up on pavement. too much stress on the diffs, so adjust carefully.. most brake adjustments are done from the metal collor as well as from radio epa settings(see pic)there are 2 setscrew on the backside. they keep the metal plates from rubbing on the plastic. if the set screws are theaded to far out, you wont have any brakes. if they are too far in it will bind the brakes(see pic)also is my throttle linkage set-up. most important is full travel and epa. but i also leave a small gap between the collor when its in nutral. just help with rare glitching and vibration at idle(see pic)

brake set up 011.JPG

brake set up 010.jpg

throttle collor 001.JPG

/monthly_2009_05/583c605857a3d_brakesetup011.JPG.035e95e92eeb7817b5833706f48f8806.JPG

/monthly_2009_05/583c605858e27_brakesetup010.jpg.82ca8432120374540cc594cbf221bf16.jpg

/monthly_2009_05/583c60585a108_throttlecollor001.JPG.5595382ccc4c7b7197e2f472abe3ffa4.JPG

aussie

thanks guys

g,day guys

thanks heaps for your replies and help with my mt brakes.

much appreciated fellas.

i will take a look and have a go ok

are those two set screws easy to get at and adjust ??

and how do i remove the brake wire that comes from the servo so i can slide the fuel line on over like you have ??

cheers

glen

Last edited by a moderator:

kryptonite

the 2 set screws are "not" easy to get to. so hopefully they are ok. for the fuel tubing just pull the servo horn off(black plastic arm), but you will have to re-adjust the throttle linkage and maybe re-set your epa's..

good luck and let us know how you made out

flint mann

To put the fuel tube on just remove the brake arm slide off the spring and cut a piece of fuel line the same length as the spring. To remove the brake arm just loosen the grub screw in the brake post and slide the arm out.

DemonRC

EPA means End Point Adjustment. Just switch to the EPA mode on the radio (assuming you have it) and increase or decrease the end points for throttle/brake and left/right steering according to the limits of your vehicle.

One example of an EPA adjustment that can save your butt is setting the EPA for your throttle. Let's say your throttle EPA is at 100%. If your carb is fully opened at 70% of the servo throw the servo will push on the carb throttle arm. This will either damage the carb and/or burn the servo out while it is at full throttle. You can use the EPA adjustment on the radio to make sure the servo won't go past the limits of the carb throttle arm range.

Hope that helps.

kryptonite

first what radio do you have. second, the epa settings are the most important setting you will have on the radio. "E.P.A." stands for End Point Adjustment. it controls how far the servo travels. most servo's have a 40-60 degree turning radius. but most stearing and throttle linkages require less travel and is diffrent for left to right as well as brake and throttle. if you don't set your epa's the servo will always be over worked and could and will couse failure. mainly the throttle servo as we like to keep it "pegged". whne it blows its most likly to be full throttle and with out a kill switch could serously hurt someone, damage property and at the least destroy your rig. its more important on large scale for some reason. i never had a radio with epa setting while running nitro. so you get an idea on how over worked the servo will be, my throttle e.p.a. settings are at 78 percent and my brake is at 60 percent. and thats out of 120 percent and my stearing is not far off from that. so to narrow it down, epa settings are pretty important to have and use..

DemonRC

kryptonite said:
you must type fast. :D
I have to. I'm a programmer. Slow typing programmers usually end up picking up aluminum cans on the side of the freeway :D .

aussie

hi guys

how are ya.

cool,thanks for extra info once again.

im actually running at the moment a stick radio,spectrum dx6 2.4 ghz digital radio 6 ch set up.

but soon i want to buy a trigger wheel radio which will be much easier i guess,

but for now i need to use what iv got.

the standard radio isnt much good is it ??

cheers

glen

Popsy

kryptonite said:
i replaced the spring with fuel line. it makes the brakes very sensitive. you don't want the mt brakes to lock up on pavement. too much stress on the diffs, so adjust carefully.. most brake adjustments are done from the metal collor as well as from radio epa settings(see pic)
there are 2 setscrew on the backside. they keep the metal plates from rubbing on the plastic. if the set screws are theaded to far out, you wont have any brakes. if they are too far in it will bind the brakes(see pic)

also is my throttle linkage set-up. most important is full travel and epa. but i also leave a small gap between the collor when its in nutral. just help with rare glitching and vibration at idle(see pic)
Those 2 screws ................ I couldn't get the truck to move because of those screws, re-adjusted them with locktit and no more prob...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts