• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

how long do I charge my battery?

SandMan

Hey anyone know how long I need to charge the battery for the Dune Runner?

And how long should a charge battery last?

let me know

thanks Sandman

Trickle007

Contributor
What battery is it?......... and most chargers will indicate when the battery is fully charged. But if you are using the stock battery with stock charger it will take several hours to fully charge the battery cause stock charge use real low amperage to charge.

krashkrieg

Contributor
The stock receiver is 2500 maH...it will only last like two tanks...upgrade to a bigger battery for longer charged time.

cordy

The wall charger will take aproxamately 10 hrs to charge. don't leave the charger on for longer or you will cook your battery,cuz the wall charger does not have auto shut off.

SandMan

Okay Thanks. I'll give it a full charge for ten hours. I guessing the charger led will turn green when complete. this is a new dune runner v3.

I also installed a killer bee and I think its working because my engine died and the thing started beeping.

I may post another thread later once i have the full charge it seemed like my engine kept stalling out after the first full tank. But let me check it with a full charge since I installed a Killer Bee fail safe unit. it maybe detecting a low charge.

rampage idiot

the led will not change color on stock charger thats why you need to do what the other guys said buy a bigger battery and a decent charger and life will be good then you will have much longer run time to run into trees like me HA not on purpose either

SandMan

Okay just searched on peak chargers and there is a ton of them.. can someone recommend the fairly good and inexpensive one with auto shut off.

ohdeeuhm

I have both of these chargers and of course the AC6 is the best bang for your buck. The menu system is tricky at first because of the way it's laid out but once you get used to it you'll be fine. Most of them do not come with a User's Manual so you may have to google it if/when you pick one up.

Deluge said:
Trickle007 said:
http://www.hobbypartz.com/thac6smbachw.htmlI have been using this charger for years and it will charge nicd, nicm and lipos up to 5 amp charge rate and can charge up to 6s batteries and come with everything you need . Well worth the $44 in my opinion.

Great tips! Thanks for sharing them. I am new at this stuff.... My question is what is the next "size" battery to get after the stock one? Charging for ten hours sucks big time!

Can anyone share some links? Will order the AC6 tomorrow morning. Going to bed now.

Thanks for the help! Great forum!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts