• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

How do you rebuild a pull start?

Obeast44

Banned
TheNewbe said:
I've got a pull start that will no longer spring back, any tips to fix it? Can it be rebuilt or should I just buy another? Any body ever tried this one from DDM?
http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.8278/.f
I havent tried the new TR pullstart, it came out after I got out of Gas. If its like any of his other products it will be topnotch. A little pricey but Im sure it works VERY well.

Triggerman77

Contributor
If u are mechanically inclined. U should be able to fix the one u have. I had to fix the one on my XT one the second tank.

Im thinking of hooking up mine to start with my small Lithium Ion VPX Drill. Thats what I use on almost all my nitro stuff

Heres links :)

I will probably do a DIY kinda like this but with a large Allen wrench or small socket

[ame]

[/ame]

Triggerman77

Contributor
Yep I seen that one too LOL i been doing lot of Research on them I actually have a Electric start System for a Boat. It will not work on truck :( But for the drill adapter I can make my own out of aluminum :D

The stock pull starter is simple just pull it apart sounds like the end of the recoil spring broke OR It could be just a rock in there hung up. theirs not much to them

DemonRC

Hey trigger. In the first video I think the guy has a one way bearing on the shaft or maybe a rachet system. All somebody has to do is build one into a shaft and everybody can start their car like that for under $50.

Jester

TheNewbe said:
I can do it I just need to know how to. For your drill start check out this.http://www.tgndistributing.com/electric-starter-hub.html
Be careful. That one is for the skopod 62cc.

I just got my TR pullstarts. They are extremely nice and smooth retraction. Haven't tried it yet. But are nice!

As far as the OP. Anything can be fixed. You most likely broke the tab off the spool where the recoil spring sits or the recoil spring itself. Take it a part and check it out. DDM has the parts to rebuild. Goodluck

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts