• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

How are these upgrades for the MT?

Cloach1

Getting the Rampage MT on Wednesday and would like some advise on what I'll be ordering for it.
  • Walbro carb. Which one?
  • kill switch. What's the difference between the one made by RCD and Killer Bee?
  • catbox with 6 inch extension
  • alum spindles
  • alum front hubs
  • alum rear hubs
  • alum dual servo saver. Is this really needed?
  • What should I drop of the list and what should I add?
Thanks for the help!

I plan on replacing the steering servos in the near future and picking up a Futaba 4PKS.

Ildy666

Welcome... if ur changing out the carb u should change out the plastic intake to the aluminum version for carbs. i go 990 or 998 but they don't have a choke on them.if u want a choke then a 668.

G

The difference between the kill switches are options. The killer bee has outputs for light controller, buzzer and led. Ours is just the remote kill switch no bells and whistles.

The Cat box will improve torque, however, the tuned pipes offer bigger gains.

Aluminum bearing holders are a good upgrade. They help dissipate bearing heat.

The aluminum servo saver is not really needed.

The 4PKS is awesome. I love mine.

crazyfast

1st off, WELCOME!!! I haven't been on the scene too long, but I haven't heard of many hub issues. Obviously the aluminum hubs would be an upgrade but the top upgrades I usually hear of are the killer bee kill switch and the throttle servo is one of the 1st things to fail (hence the importance of the kill switch). I think the MT has 2 steering servos ?? so not sure how important a steering servo upgrade is. I'd go with the kill switch, throttle servo upgrade, and for performance carb and pipe. I run the Walbro 998 (has an accelerator pump) and like Ildy666 stated, it has no choke, but I simply slip a sandwhich baggy over the air filter until it starts and works great!

PrjctStrtFrce

From my understanding, the carbs with accelerator pumps have no choke to aid in starting, but if you blip the throttle a few times, then each time the pump shoots in a bit of fuel into the carb.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.