• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

how are the rampage mt

lefnut

are these trucks any good i go a fs king kong and the rampage looks a lot like it the fs is junk everything on the fs needs upgraded dose the rampage mt need a lot of upgrades please let me know.

AlphaDog777

I got by with just an upgrade kit (50$) and new servos (100$ for both) I broke a few shock shafts you will need to spend another 75$ And switch to hpi hd shafts...or phat dads but they are more money, probably better though

I haven't had a single issue except driver error... I check mine everytank for lose nuts and bolts... I'm 8 hours in or more and I'm lovin the trucks reliability...

There is alot of pre run work (a MUST) but not to harsh on the wallet considering the trucks initial price(plus I think rob gives free upgrade kits with new rigs).... Do some reading to get more details

Sprint 77

Contributor
I agree the Rampage is not perfect , but is a good value. You might find a better truck (MCD ULTIMATE ) but not a better truck for the $$ MCD Ultimates are over $2400 as rollers.

Get a Rampage and have some fun by the upgrades piece at a time.

Clubin

Banned
Sprint 77 said:
I agree the Rampage is not perfect , but is a good value. You might find a better truck (MCD ULTIMATE ) but not a better truck for the $$ MCD Ultimates are over $2400 as rollers.
I have 2 EVO III MCD's one MT their suspention sucks shocks leak, they are slow and awkwerd, the Redcat does everything better. It is cheaper, parts are cheaper, customer service is top notch, that sums it up-wanna buy a MCD MT? lol

Just buy a Redcat you will not be dissapointed. Join the club.

str8jailbird

Sprint 77 said:
Get a Rampage and have some fun by the upgrades piece at a time.
I agree 100% with Sprint. The Rampage may not be the "best" 1/5 MT out there but the price is unbeatable and with some upgrades it will hold it's own against everything out there. I still can't decide which I like better, my Baja SS or my Rampage MT. It's like comparing apples to oranges I know..... Still, I have yet to try and tackle a hill that will beat the Rampage. It is an awesome truck. After all the upgrades I did so far it is about the same price as a rtr MCD Stadium truck and that is after hop ups on the Ramp! I owe everyone here a piece of gratitude though. If I hadn't been directed to this forum I was looking at a Titan for my 1st 1/5 MT. Man am I glad I went with the Ramp! Thanks everyone, especially Rob (Rampage Hop Ups) I coudn't be happier with the truck. :cool:

lefnut

how much for the mcd and how fast do the rampage go.

str8jailbird

Man, I hope I don't get banned for this. To answer you here are some prices for various MCD's in various set ups.

http://www.largescalerc.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=2

My Ramp is probably pushing the high 30's low 40's. Not bad when you consider how much this truck weighs. I'd get the Rampage (Rampage Hop Ups has the best deal around) and spend the money you saved on the MCD on upgrades for the Ramp. Just my $.02.

C.B.

rampage is a smokin deal and rob at rampagehopups.com is giving the upgrade kit and mcd gears right now for free. get the rampage install the kit and servos and youll have a sweet truck at less then half the price. all 5th scales need work eventually

save money and have fun.

mooman007uk

Banned
rampage, after a few mods it's tough as nails...i guess mines pushing low 40's but if you're after speed buy an on road, 40ish is way fast for off road bashing and track racing, mid 30's but getting there quick is what you want.

buy an MCD at your peril...well your wallets:eek:

flint mann

The Titan and the MCD race runner were what I was looking at when I got my Rampage. The price couldn't be beat and still can't.

M

magnum57

Let’s get real here:confused:Your comparing apples with oranges. The MCD’s are a far better product in my opinion than a titan or FS or Rampage. But everyone thinks the Rampage for the money is a great deal. Well after I spent a total of $1,700.00 to make almost as good as a MCD :eek: I’ll still put my MCD Baja I bought new for $2,200.00 up against the Rampage any day. Why do you think everybody buys MCD parts for their Rampage. The fact of the matter is the Rampage has allowed a lot of people in the hobby that may not have been able to afford to get in to it:D For bashing the Rampage is Awesome. Guys like Rob and his customer service is the best. So that has allowed us to fix these up to be a lot better than stock. Witch you all know wouldn’t last after one outing. The Germans out build any other rc I’ve owned. I love my MT and will probably own another one . But in the long run my German made MCD’s and FG’s are worth the money.

11c.jpg

11e.jpg

/monthly_2009_03/11c.jpg.01922ee1e1ad5281d181dc44f7a8ad58.jpg

/monthly_2008_12/11e.jpg.73c474cf97f1ef8dfb45576064e99d3a.jpg

str8jailbird

magnum57 said:
Let’s get real here:confused:Your comparing apples with oranges. The MCD’s are a far better product in my opinion than a titan or FS or Rampage. But everyone thinks the Rampage for the money is a great deal. Well after I spent a total of $1,700.00 to make almost as good as a MCD :eek: I’ll still put my MCD Baja I bought new for $2,200.00 up against the Rampage any day. Why do you think everybody buys MCD parts for their Rampage. The fact of the matter is the Rampage has allowed a lot of people in the hobby that may not have been able to afford to get in to it:D For bashing the Rampage is Awesome. Guys like Rob and his customer service is the best. So that has allowed us to fix these up to be a lot better than stock. Witch you all know wouldn’t last after one outing. The Germans out build any other rc I’ve owned. I love my MT and will probably own another one . But in the long run my German made MCD’s and FG’s are worth the money.
Lets not get into a peeing contest. Don't let this turn into one of those "which truck is better" threads. I can happily say that this forum has yet to break into one of those runaway cyber bashings. I believe the question posed here that started this thread was "How good is the Rampage MT?". All in all it is a durable truck. Just lke with any RC 1/36th to 1/5th scales there are weaknesses that are easily fixed to make it a much more durable and reliable ride. As far as the Ramp? Servos (never ran the stock ones because I had one on hand and ordered another), diff cups (read the thread, I think this issue has been solved:D) and the c/d gears. Really not that much to consider that it is now much more durable with these upgrades. I think a lot of people have the meaning of MT mixed up. M Monster T Truck. Not race car, this is the truck that drives over the losers. Remember, sometimes the simplest designs are the best. The Ramp is just that, simple, easy to work on mechanical layout. Things will break, I don't care what it is or what brand it will. The nice thing about the Ramp is that yes, some of the MCD stuff will fit ours but for the parts I have replaced on my Ramp I would have to be working overtime to buy the MCD or FG replacements if that is what I had. Not to mention the fact that NO ONE around here stocks ANYTHING for MCD or FG. If you go Rampage MT, you will need to beef up a few things (as you will with any of them) but all in all it is a great truck, not only for the price but because it's a simple design and sometimes simplicity is best (if simplicity isn't such a good thing then why is the AK-47 still so popular?). I say shop around, buy what you want and be happy. Make sure you can get parts/hop-ups and drive it like you stole it.

mooman007uk

Banned
lol....they make good furniture apparently and rugs too.... here's a secret peek at MCD's new prototype ungoing extensive testing:D

sofa_car.jpg

carsofa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
M

magnum57

Awesome. Hey do you know if the Asgard ST body is the same size as the MCD Baja 1000 Chevy Pro body. I want to use the Asgard on my Baja 1000 but not sure if it will fit. They look the same ?????Asgard ST (V02511VS)Baja Body (730-B-P-1)

11e.jpg

r2.jpg

/monthly_2008_12/11e.jpg.6d1113b25789f9b9d02a5be99d15483b.jpg

/monthly_2008_10/r2.jpg.741dcc9642d1bd1bc6eaa6c9d6c5e393.jpg

Clubin

Banned
mooman007uk said:
lol....they make good furniture apparently and rugs too.... here's a secret peek at MCD's new prototype ungoing extensive testing:D
sofa_car.jpg

carsofa.jpg
THat's good, only their testing is usually not that extensive.. They leave the expensive testing up to the consumer... I know they have cost me a lot of money for crappy designed part's. Planetary diff! stipid idea.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts