• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

home made air filter blocker from water/dirt

Rs4 tony

I used to do this for my nitro cars whenever I brought it in the water and snow so the car doesn't turn off. First get a red solo plastic cup. They ones you typically find at parties then get 2 zip ties and make 2 holes in the cup on the wall of it. One at the bottom and one towards the top of the cup. Then slide the cup over the air filter and get your zip ties around the filter and through the holes so it's on tight. Then, if you should find some water and shit that will mess up the air filter, it's blocked most of it by the cup and only very little will get by from the back of the cup. Never tried this on a gasoline engine. Only on nitro. But this Definently will work. If the cup doing work then move onto a Chinese quart soup cup, etc. hope the throttle servo doesn't get in the way but oh we'll. Worth a try.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts