• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Holy Smoking Steering Servos Batman (?)

KennyQ

Holy Smokes! I just got my TT and hooked up all the electric stuff, powered up and the throttle and steering servos came to life, & got good bind w/ my radio.

The steering servo was noisy, even when not actuating it. After about 1 minute it went quiet and started spewing smoke. I turned it off and assume that sucker is toast. I heard this servo was one of the stock items that probably should be upraded, but man, that was quick. Any idea what caused it, and any suggestions out there for replacements?

jigawatt

rumor is that you have to modify to fit an upgrade servo in it. I've got a hitec servo to fit on it, same one rampagehopups used, but I don't exactly know how he mounted his.

C.B.

its crappy thats what caused it when my ramp was new it was glitchy as hell then it smoked cheap electronics if everyone would just take there ramps out of the box and change all the electronics you wouldnt hear a complaint for awhile my ramp is almost problem free i love this thing now

jigawatt

mine would randomly lose radio signal and take off. I switched throttle servo, no luck. I'm assuming its the failsafe... those things don't ever work! I've had more run-away's with them than without!

But yes, stock servos are no good. I've recently upgraded to the new MX-3FG FHSS-2 that JUST came out. I knew if I waited and kept my MX-3s, something better would come soon after the first generation FHSS.

jigawatt

I've tried all sorts of brands, all with same results. All of them on Towerhobbies.com have failed on me. My stuff works great without them though!

mooman007uk

Banned
Get a pico kill switch and use the failsafe in your tx. The failsafe they come with is crap as are the servos, the th/b servo should be binned as soon as you get it out the box and the steering servo didn't last long in mine and sounds like it is full of rocks.

The 5745 is an easy fit...just cut the nubs off the servo mounts, if you got plastic mounts jb weld the bottom holes..let cure, mount servo to top holes and redrill 2 holes for lower screws. better still get 2 5745 and another steering link set and dual it. I used 6mm angle aluminum for the mount...easy job with vice,hacksaw, drill and file.

DSC00202.jpg

mooman007uk

Banned
yep

I got the alloy mounts and to make them work you have to do a bit of filing, plastic may be the same...you'll see when you put it together if it needs clearance at the top and for the wire. Look closely at the alloy mounts in pic and you can see where it's been filed at top on each mount and wire notch

jigawatt

Yeah i see where you had to make it go on a diet. Now I can finally get some good use outta my servo, same one you have.

Thanks.

Now, where do i get this pico killswitch/failsafe, and how's it work?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts