• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

hitec 5645 throttle servo install

kmak

Hey, I just bought a hitec 5645 servo to replace my busted stock one in the Rampage XB. The thing is, I thought it would be a take-out stock, put-in replacement kinda thing.

However I received a servo in the package that seems to me to have over 15 different pieces. I am clueless as to where to start in regards to complete the replacement.

I have a few RC cars/trucks/planes but never had to replace or hop-up a servo before, so i really need some help/guidance here.

Any help appreciated as i want to get this truck back up and running.

G

It pretty much is just replacing one with the other. They come with a bunch of servo horns for different applications. There will be one in there that works.

Remove your old one.

Install the new one and plug it in.

Turn on your Transmitter than receiver. You servo will center itself

Now install the servo horn so it perpendicular to the servo.

Hook up you linkages and adjust them if necessary.

Now set your end points. You don't want the servo to push past the stopping point or it will burn out.

PrjctStrtFrce

Did you have to drill out the hole a little bit where the linkage goes into on the Hitec servo horn? All of the servo horns that came with my Hitec have smaller holes than the servo horn has on the MT. Not sure if I am missing something here or if that is what has to be done?

rampage idiot

PrjctStrtFrce said:
Did you have to drill out the hole a little bit where the linkage goes into on the Hitec servo horn? All of the servo horns that came with my Hitec have smaller holes than the servo horn has on the MT. Not sure if I am missing something here or if that is what has to be done?
Yes you have to open them up

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts