• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

High capacity 4s ,8s battiers?

DUFFY

BoukeG is correct, mah and c rating go hand in hand. All those batteries should be fine. The akkus sucks I guess. The max amps are starting to look better, overpriced on hype, but 11000mah and 20c would work. Thunder power 8000mah are about the same price higher on some. I have a lot of lipos and my favorite packs are custom packs by got2gorc. But he mostly goes with 6000mah on his packs. I love his 6s 6000 may batts. My Flysky batts , gens ,venoms, all suck compared to them. So the truerc custom packs might be a smart option. Since they can be used to start freaking semi trucks. And let us run as long perhaps longer than a gas. If running 40 minutes or more Heat on the motor and esc will problem have to be addressed with huge heatsinks and fans or water cooling or dry ice at the extreme like rc dad- ol fart were throwing around.

Weight vs runtime and cost in a race setup is the question. Is 5 lbs for both ok, or 10 for both ok? It's going to be opinions but none the less. Would a race set up be better with huge batts no pit stop, or small batts one pit stop over 30 minutes. I know pit stops with electrics will cost them a race in 1/8 scale cars vs nitro, it was tested by a pro driver. Gas is not as peppy as nitro but I've seen some fast 1/5 scale gassers. Will a lighter set up making one pit stop be competive still vs gas? We will just have to test and time the runs to be sure. I raced enough races to know you don't even have to be the fastest to win. It comes down to who crashes/ spins out ect least most of the time. if you pay attention you will find you get half a lap if not more over the guy that's on his lid untill some one picks his car up. This is in 5 minutes to 10 minute mains so it's just more noticeable during those short races.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deluge

DUFFY said:
BoukeG is correct, mah and c rating go hand in hand. All those batteries should be fine. The akkus sucks I guess. The max amps are starting to look better, overpriced on hype, but 11000mah and 20c would work. Thunder power 8000mah are about the same price higher on some. I have a lot of lipos and my favorite packs are custom packs by got2gorc. But he mostly goes with 6000mah on his packs. I love his 6s 6000 may batts. My Flysky batts , gens ,venoms, all suck compared to them. So the truerc custom packs might be a smart option. Since they can be used to start freaking semi trucks. And let us run as long perhaps longer than a gas. If running 40 minutes or more Heat on the motor and esc will problem have to be addressed with huge heatsinks and fans or water cooling or dry ice at the extreme like rc dad- ol fart were throwing around. Weight vs runtime and cost in a race setup is the question. Is 5 lbs for both ok, or 10 for both ok? It's going to be opinions but none the less. Would a race set up be better with huge batts no pit stop, or small batts one pit stop over 30 minutes. I know pit stops with electrics will cost them a race in 1/8 scale cars vs nitro, it was tested by a pro driver. Gas is not as peppy as nitro but I've seen some fast 1/5 scale gassers. Will a lighter set up making one pit stop be competive still vs gas? We will just have to test and time the runs to be sure. I raced enough races to know you don't even have to be the fastest to win. It comes down to who crashes/ spins out ect least most of the time. if you pay attention you will find you get half a lap if not more over the guy that's on his lid untill some one picks his car up. This is in 5 minutes to 10 minute mains so it's just more noticeable during those short races.
That's the truth.

DUFFY

Well the hobbyking batts are on back order! NOOOOOOO! Those guys need to get going and make that next batch of 5692 motors they owe people from like 5 months now as well. Im really debating the max amps vs the trueRC batts. I found some decent 8000mah 4s batts for $150 aswell. I think for a proper 8s system is going to be wise to buy from a place with a warranty. The weight gain kinda sucks with these huge batts but people run one of them in their 1/10 and 1/8th scales lol. So I'm not to worried about it, My xb-e sc build will be a little lighter than a XB, even with 2x 4 pound batts. My Xb-e is just under 18 lbs with batts now.

G

DUFFY said:
Well the hobbyking batts are on back order! NOOOOOOO! Those guys need to get going and make that next batch of 5692 motors they owe people from like 5 months now as well. Im really debating the max amps vs the trueRC batts. I found some decent 8000mah 4s batts for $150 aswell. I think for a proper 8s system is going to be wise to buy from a place with a warranty. The weight gain kinda sucks with these huge batts but people run one of them in their 1/10 and 1/8th scales lol. So I'm not to worried about it, My xb-e sc build will be a little lighter than a XB, even with 2x 4 pound batts. My Xb-e is just under 18 lbs with batts now.
That does suck. First motors now batts. desismileys_6814.gif

DUFFY

Thunder power like suggested is what I'm thinking. Made in America and happy customers are two things I like to see.

G

DUFFY said:
Thunder power like suggested is what I'm thinking. Made in America and happy customers are two things I like to see.
desismileys_6835.gif That can be hard to find for sure!

Last edited:

bigfol

DUFFY said:
HK are all stocked again, be quick....! :cool:

DUFFY

Well the 4s out again I guess. The life are in stock though.

G

DUFFY said:
Well the 4s out again I guess. The life are in stock though.
Wow talk about demand. That's why I'm let my money sit in back order. If it comes in it could be missed in the blink of an eye.

jathomas3

If you guys don't feel like waiting for Hobby King to get stock in you can check out the Gens Ace and the Sky Lipos at Hobby Partz. They are good performers for the money.

G

desismileys_0293.gif I picked up some sky lipos for my sons shredders. Great run times

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts