• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Help getting mt pro started

Paul4130

All stock, fuel lines correct, fuel in carb bubble, set needles at 1.5h and 1.25L. Pulls fine, nothing odd there. Just will not start. I've got other large scale, never had problem. Please, any suggestions would be great, I really want this thing running.

Paul4130

I just mixed new fuel. Even though I have others, I actually never checked or changed a plug yet. Stupid question, how do I check for spark?

cordy

Hold the plug along side the head pull the starer cord look at the tip you should get a nice blue spark. Check that your coil didnt come loose,the coil is right above the flywheel by the kill button under the engine cover.Vent the tank. Check your plug wire,and put in a new nkg 7 plug.

rampage idiot

Paul4130 said:
All stock, fuel lines correct, fuel in carb bubble, set needles at 1.5h and 1.25L. Pulls fine, nothing odd there. Just will not start. I've got other large scale, never had problem. Please, any suggestions would be great, I really want this thing running.
If you have spark, to be honest with you the stock carb sucks the big one, some work but I have had nothing but problems with the stock carbs!

sanos

Mine had a bad coil when I received the car new. It had a very weak dull orange/brown spark. I replaced the plug with the NGK and got NO spark. I bought a spark tester, and still was no visible spark. Finally went to Redcat and filed a warranty claim for a bad coil. They sent me a replacement and when I installed it, my car finally fired after a couple of pulls.

It's good to have a spark tester.

Hopefully you get yours sorted out. And oh yeah, I'm still using the OEM spark plug. I have no problems with it and save the NGK plug for later as a spare.

Paul4130

Thanks for all the suggestions and help, I finally got it started. Now I just need to tune it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts