• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Help - Gears destroyed due to missing o-ring?

FuzzBall03

Hey everyone...

Had a catastrophic failure today.

I cant find the new "pin style" gears in the schematics, so i'll try to explain this with words.

One of the gears came loose due to the pin that is supposed to be held in place by an o-ring not being installed from factory. Zero evidence of one ever being installed, and no pieces of it left in the gear cover.

Again: There was an O-ring missing. It holds the pin in place that runs through the gear shafts

Anyone know exactly which parts I need to order? I cant find this updated style on Redcats site. Oring returns zero results as well.

I've emailed them... I feel this is a factory issue, and hopefully they can help out.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

I installed new o-rings in my MT that were tighter. You can find the pins at some hardware stores. Bring one of the ones you still have to make sure you get the right size. Some guy make one by using a piece of drill bit or something similar if they can't find one. There is not a part number for those pins.

FuzzBall03

RCDAD said:
If you want the exact part you can order this. :) http://www.nitrorcx.com/51c00-050112.html
Making an o-ring and cutting a dowel pin to fit should be really easy :)

But... the 4 pin carrier, which you just linked, was my worry. That's exactly what I'm going to need.

Thanks alot!

I'm going to wait back to hear from Redcat...

I barely got 3 tanks through the car, I hope they help out!

Can anyone comment on these part's quality?

I'm assuming it's identical to Redcat based on the very similar appearance.

G

Hopefully. Good luck, it would be better to get one warranted.

jeffp83

RCDAD said:
Some guy make one by using a piece of drill bit or something similar if they can't find one. There is not a part number for those pins.
I use a drill bit, you can cut 3-4 pieces out of a $4 bit :) I think the steel is stronger on these bits than the stock pieces.

rcgasser

FuzzBall03 said:
Making an o-ring and cutting a dowel pin to fit should be really easy :) But... the 4 pin carrier, which you just linked, was my worry. That's exactly what I'm going to need.

Thanks alot!

I'm going to wait back to hear from Redcat...

I barely got 3 tanks through the car, I hope they help out!

Can anyone comment on these part's quality?

I'm assuming it's identical to Redcat based on the very similar appearance.
Yes they are the exact same parts as redcats I use alot of there parts when redcats website is out and quite a few of there parts fits redcat gassers if you are going to need any of the 4 pin gears you will have to get them from nitrorcx because redcat does not have any of the 4 pin gears in stock they have been telling me a few months now that they will have the pin gears in stock in 2 weeks. I really hope redcat can help you out the only problem is that they do not have this part so I would think that the only way they could help you with the part would be to take one off of a new R/C that they have??????????? hmmmmmm Hope it works out well for ya.

Deluge

Looks like TheNitroRcShop has them in stock.

Be aware though, the TT/MT manual shows two different part #'s for the mount. The one linked above and 050113. I don't know what the differences are, if any. From the manual, it looks like 050112 is used for the B/C gears and 050113 is used for the A/D gears.

FuzzBall03

Just want to clarify, the pin has failed/bent but... it is because the O-ring was missing that is supposed to hold it in place.

So to clarify:

FuzzBall03 said:

Again: There was an O-ring missing. It holds the pin in place that runs through the gear shafts

jeffp83 said:
I use a drill bit, you can cut 3-4 pieces out of a $4 bit :) I think the steel is stronger on these bits than the stock pieces.
I thought about this. Any drill bit I'd be willing to sacrifice is HSS. I've got some hardened steel dowels though. I may find one that will fit and give that a shot.

rcgasser said:
Yes they are the exact same parts as redcats...
Thanks for the info.

Deluge said:
Looks like TheNitroRcShop has them in stock.050112

Be aware though, the TT/MT manual shows two different part #'s for the mount. The one linked above and 050113. I don't know what the differences are, if any. From the manual, it looks like 050112 is used for the B/C gears and 050113 is used for the A/D gears.
I'll keep that in mind, Thanks

Keith81

Instead of waiting for a message back from redcat I'd just call them...

They have pretty good service via the phone... Seems like it'd be quicker as well... Hope it works out for ya fuzz!

FuzzBall03

Just wanted to give a quick update on this...

I've been in contact with Derek at Redcat.

I've submitted pictures indicating my "low use" or practically new condition of the truck.

I've been given the impression that if they also agree the truck has had very little use, that they will send me the required parts.

I have also been informed that the parts I need are BACKORDERED, and expected from china anyday. However it seems this is always the case according to a few other members.

This is my first experience with Redcat customer service, hopefully it's a smooth one!

Will post once they make a final decision.

FuzzBall03

Got a reply from Redcat:

After taking a look at the pictures, I can most definitely replace the parts for you no problem. Like I stated we are out of stock on them at the moment. But once we get them in stock I will go ahead and get those shipped out to you right away.
They said they will take care of it, as soon as parts are in. I hope it's soon!

Opinion of redcat CS so far: Very helpful, there responses are very genuine and 'non-scripted'. I'm fairly impressed so far.

Keith81

I like redcat, I had one case where the guy didnt seem to smart but other then that one time, I was 100% happy with them over the phone helping me...

-Keith

Bill_G

I had an issue once. The 1st time I called I got some schmuck. After some responses from the members here I called again and Derek was the one who took care of the problem.

Keith81

what parts you waiting on?

nitrorcx.com has the 4 pin gears in stock, could be a good time to get the 29x31x25x25's...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online