• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Help for my rampage xt

awesomenatorrad

Sorry guys, I am a newbie in the rc. I have a rampage xt and I am wondering if my rc is already waterproof. If not, how do I waterproof it? I want to have no issues running it in thick mud or low water.

Ildy666

Welcome u can use plastic dip on ur servos and reciever box.but it does keep the heat in and electronics don't like heat...

awesomenatorrad

Hmm, so any other alternatives? Cause I want it to be waterproof. Then how about the gas engine, cause it would suck if the engine flooded.

Ildy666

Gas engine will be OK as long as u don't suck in water in the intake.

Ur main concern is the electronics...

RampageHopUps

A lot of people use water balloons over the electronics. For the engine, get an Outerwears. It's not waterproof, but it does resist light water.

robygon

I waterproof mine with black water balloons close it with zip tights and plasti dip to seal the balloon opening between the cables. I tried to put a picture but didn't work. And just before the muddy run, spray it with waterproof silicone WD40 all over, it will protect it and makes the cleanup so much easier. (Personal trick) If you are unsure of water going to the air filter, grab a plastic cup big enough to go over the filter and cut an opening on the top of it, leaving the front and bottom of it covered, hold it with a zip tight. For the servos, get the waterproof tipe if not, dip them in plasti dip. And the battery tray can be sealed with silicone, make a gasket like you would in the thermostat of your car. Let it dry completely, it wil be easier to remove later. Make sure to go between the cables. Remember is not a submarine it's just water resistant, lol. Have fun :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts