• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Hello Guys anybody help me

SunSeeker

Hello

I have A HPI Mavrick Blackout MT truck with 30CC engine

I've heard it's same as the RedCat Rampage

SO please I want ask about many thing to increase the performance

1-I need to know If it's useful to install a new air intake system and what's the brand name plus it's sand proof

2-About the Exhaust system i need something to add the power to my engine not just sound so what the recommended brand

3-If I install the Air intake plus the Exhaust system It's Need to Retune again

4-Can I remove the front Gear box or the front garden just to transfer it from 4 wheel to 2 wheel

Please forgive me about my weakness in English

Thank you

rampagemt

Re: Hello Guys anybody help me

And yes it can be run.in 2wd just keep an eye out on the rest of drivetrain as it will show much faster

GTS 666

Hpi air filter with outer wares pre filter.

Ddm side Dom Exhaust. Or Jetpro,TGN,CPI. Not the Redcat tuned pipe.

Should retune after adding exhaust. I would recommend to install a Walbro carby as well.

Yes you can make it 2wd but why. It will not stop as quick with only the rear wheels to slow it down.

blak__jak

+1 on filter and pipe recommended above but i'm with gts666 why would you want to go 2wdrive? i once had broken dogbones on m/t so went 2wdrive while waiting on parts and found the truck much harder to control not to mention that it wouldn't stop nearly as well.

G

The side Dom will be a bolt on pipe. You will only need to flip your fuel tank around if your fill cap is on the left side. It needs to be on the right side for easy access. I like the first to products you linked. I have never tried the RB Innovations filter.

Trip..

RB is the company that makes those gimmicky superchargers for nitro motors... I've never seen a single product from that company that I would install on any of my R/C's.

SunSeeker

No they have the hyper charger air intake for gas engine and I think it's good coz the Hood it's force the air in to filter then to the carb so in my opinion it's better than the normal air intake SO WHAT DO YOU THINK GUYS

rampagemt

Still not like a good ol baja filter. I could be wrong haven't tested anything from rbinnovation as there knows for gimmicks

SunSeeker

So your suggestion to instal a foam air filter

rampagemt

Yes there is no protection like a properly oiled air filter. I run the Tgn over the baja filter with outerwears its very protective

G

If your going to run in the dirt, filtration is important. It only takes one breath of dirt to kill an engine. I like the HPI Baja filter and the DT1 triple stage filter. Both are large enough to give great breathing on top of the needed filtration.

BertR

I would say that the RB filter looks cool but you only get air from the scoop and has to transfer down to the filter and That's a restriction in its own.A foam filter takes air from everywhere without being forced . I say baja or Dt1 all the way.

Trip..

This is the junk I was talking about...

http://www.rbinnovations.com/Exceed_RC_Nitro_Gas_PowerExceed_RC_Nitro_Gas_Power_p/rbk10599.htm

and when the filter you linked allows a ton of fine sand and dirt into your motor, this can finish off the motor for good...

http://www.rbinnovations.com/SILVER_BULLET_Nitrous_Injection_p/ns5000-x.htm

I had a buddy that rigged up a leaf blower to his Dodge Daytona back in the 90's in hopes it would work like a super charger... It didn't work any better than the POS's I linked above.

Don't fall victim to gimmicks, it costs too much in the long run!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts