• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

GRP (square) wheels on stock XB

k.jensen

Hiya guy's, I hated to have to modify the square in my wheels to put them on my Xb so instead I found this solution.

bought myself a pair of GRP wheels, drilled the centerhole up to 10mm and used these as a wheel-nut, it's working quite well.

just thought I would share it with u all.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

We call those nutserts over here. That is brilliant!

Would have been much easier than extending my axels.

Vision

Interesting, so you are using the stock squares with the grp wheels which I assume are hex ?. Won't that strip ?.

Rcdad, where do they sell nutserts?

k.jensen

Vision said:
Interesting, so you are using the stock squares with the grp wheels which I assume are hex ?. Won't that strip ?.Rcdad, where do they sell nutserts?
yes I'm using the stock squares as they are the same diameter "hex" (only difference is that they are longer). it whont strip as long as the wheelnut (nutserts) are tight and I also used a lockdisk to prevent the new wheelnut to losen.

alfred e numan

say, thats a good idea! I run these tires on the XB with the 7075 adaptors. 4 bulldog front medium compound. buy them tru go-nad in Califorina. Will send a money order this morning for 4 white front easy mediun compound. $34.99 per set. These rampages have so much traction - the easy tread will loosen the xb up. GRP wheels are so much lighter than the split rims- they are all flywheels on the 4wd, the lighter the better for me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts