• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

got my MT today!!!!

badboy2

all i can say is WOW!looking at it everything was in good shape.it was as-is from what steve said it was..tires are huge! idk if the mx tires will look good on it.

btw what size wheel wrench do i need??i have the darksoul hubs..i never tried anything yet just opened box and looked at it.and looks like i wont be needing parts for a while,i got spares.i for a lot of tranny gears..

ill just prolly sell the wheels\tires .i don't wanna buy another wheel wrench..

the tires are prolly 95% thread theyre almost new!

thanks to zielkeracing again!!

Obeast44

Banned
Hey man, K20 on here has a set of Depserados with Mini MX V2s all around with Hostile dual stage foams. Hes looking for a set of MT tires, might wanna hit him up if your interested.

kryptonite

hey bra. congrats. i new zeilki woulnt stear you wrong. i bet that body looks better in person. get us some pics up when you can. the mx's wont look so bad if you can drop the body down some. might have to carefully notch out for the rear roll cage though. those wheel nuts use the same size wrench as the 5b/5t. not sure what size off the top of my head. maybe a 24mm

badboy2

thats good to hear if the darksoul nuts uses the same wrench as 5b/5t.are the tires on the rim are really soft ??maybe its the foam he used?

zielkeracing

Hey dude! Glad to hear it made it ok. The tires are stock. The hex size is 23mm same as the baja. You also have both sets of hardened gears, the speed set is in already so if you are changing out the tires leave the ones in it. Hope you have fun with it!

badboy2

thanks a lot!!!zilekeracing great guy !!its the 1st time that i bought something used that is really a great buy!but now after watching the TT ran i want to convert it into buggy! i saw a buggy ran at the hostile bajafest last night and it kept up with the mcd and fgs..although i never ran the truck yet..im pretty sure i wanna convert it..what exactly i really need to do or parts i need to convert it?this truck is heavier than my 5T..

badboy2

hers my truck!!!

Obeast44

Banned
Well depends on how far you want to go on the conversion. If you just wanna run smaller buggy tires and keep that rocking body just buy a 29/31 gearset. Most guys like the stock TT buggy rims/tires, but Ive always preferred the Hostile/Desperado combo for these. Dang near close to the same height, a little wider and not all that much heavier, and definitely will outlast the stockers.

badboy2

like zielke said the speed gears are on it already..so just change the tires then and make it look like a truggy?it also have a wing but i need to find out where to mount it?do i need to adjust the shock mounts?

DemonRC

badboy2 said:
like zielke said the speed gears are on it already..so just change the tires then and make it look like a truggy?it also have a wing but i need to find out where to mount it?do i need to adjust the shock mounts?
just lower the mounts to the bottom. You'll have to trim that nice body though.

badboy2

catchaser said:
man i cant even take the shrink wrap off of it ..heheh! are buggy and mt t just the same in lenght?i guess the front bumper have to go too?

zielkeracing

The rear wing mount is in the box of parts, you will need to remove the rear bumper I think. I had it converted once before. The mount bolts to the rear of the from where the rear bumper mounts to and the top bolts to the rear shock tower.

csp1971

Contributor
catchaser said:
Catchaser is right, you'll definitely have to trim. I have the Hostile AT's all the way around on mine and had to trim the back window and bed to let the rollcage out a bit. Also around the gears since I don't run a gear cover. (the trimming above the back bumper wasn't necessary, I was worried that it would just crack after a roll so I trimmed it. It seems to flex better doing this. Just my two cents though.

IMG_7016.jpg

badboy2

thanks steve!ill prolly do that in a later time ,for now i need to repair the carnage i got from bajafest..

csp do u have side view andtop view pix with the buggy wheels/tires?can u pls post them thanks .

csp1971

Contributor
I'll upload a couple when I get home. I have them, I just don't have them in my photobucket album.

csp1971

Contributor
badboy2 said:
csp yours is set up like a buggy??
I believe so, I'm not sure what the total differences are between the buggy and the MT. I don't have the wing or the little TT bumpers. I still have the MT bumpers. I think other than that, everything is pretty much the same.

I can't find those darn pics. I'll have to take some once it's back together, I broke a diff joint so I'm waiting for my delivery.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts