• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

gizmotors??

G

Tell me 'bout it. Things normally slow down over the winter. That should give me a little more shop time.

alfred e numan

RCDAD said:
Tell me 'bout it. Things normally slow down over the winter. That should give me a little more shop time.
same story here too!- too darned many irons in the fire. - I need to just get my ass in gear and assemble.- thing is though- gotta make the $$ when i can---

Inertia Racing Products

hey guys,

i just got my XB last night.

i will be posting up in the builds and projects as i go.

i am going to pull the Gizmomotors 30.5 out of my HPI 5b and drop it in the XB.

i will mate the DDM Side Dominator up to the beast, looks like a little bit of work will need to be done, but i should be able to handle that..Lol

once this build is all done i'll get some video up for you guys

Inertia Racing Products

rampagemt said:
I have been looking at there pro lites and the full mod long blocks I think are new on there site
you are correct, Bruce made a couple of slight changes to the timing and port work since the GZ-30.5.

if you give him a call he will walk you through the differences

rampagemt

Aight I still don't know if a 29.5 would be Vetter for my dune runner then the 30.5 2 bolt esp champ. Ported head I am running. I want rpms but a lot of take off also

andyken

Is there much difference in the 30.5 pro and the 30.5 long rod?

The complete 30.5 pro is about $100 more then the naked long rod.

Which is better?

Do they sell a complete long rod 30.5?

Ildy666

They sell it complete so.u don't.have to remove ur intake and engine covers.i bought the complete because i needed a new carb and pullstart ,kill switch anyway and got a extra intake for my other project plus i like the zen engine covers.so its about the same if u buy the long block and then buy accs. For it.if u don't need the extra's save a $100 & just buy the long block.and from what i'm told this motor gets up and goes...

andyken

gizmo ...

sorry we don't sell 30.5 long rod for the reason they don't perform at all IMO

andyken

Still wondering why my stock motor is hard to start with the 990.

I'm thinking maybe low compression?

With nitro I could lift the car off the ground by the pull start [good motor]

Is that the same with 1/5th?

I know they are bigger and wiegh more...

If I use starting fluid or add a little gas in the plug hole it starts right up and runs well.

But trying to figure out If I should upgrade the head and rings etc, or look into a new motor...?

xscrick

Banned
typically hard to start cause the walbro 990 has no choke,,, so by putting some gas in cylinder it starts easier,,, some people put a bag over air filter,, or usually just some extra pulls it will start,,, as far as compression,, there should be some resistance,,, if u pull it over very very easy,,,,like u didnt have a plug in it,,, make sure your pull start is working properly,, but u say it starts with gas ,,, so thats not problem,,, than try little oil in cylinder to help seal the pistion to cylinder,,, if still pulls very very easy, sounds like u have internal issues,,,,, bad cyclinder,,,

Wayne

Can anybody advise on the performance of the Gizmo 30.5 full mod engine when used in a rampage XB?

G

That is an awesome engine. Great torque and top end. I have a Gizmo full mod in one of my cats. It screams.

Wayne

Thanks for the quick response. I checked several places and threads and located many people speaking on the motor but was unable to locate anyone that commented on the performance. Now I would like to know what is the best oil to fuel ratio for the motor? I have seen people recomend 16:1. I am trying to confirm that. I would also like to know if I need to purchase a CY/HY fan cover to mount the motor in an Rampage XB.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.