• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

gizmotors??

xscrick

Banned
they have new engines there now,, pro lite and full mod, complete or long block versions , long blocks are 239 bucks for 27, 28, 29 and 30.5cc engines,, how good are they, looks like they come with there lightened and balanced flywheel and zenoah coil and wire from pics anyway,, have to contact them to be sure,,, also how good is there zenoah / rcmk 29.5,,, 7 horse at 18000 rpms, with 3 foot lbs of torque, watched you tube vids,, seem pretty good,,,,,,,, also parts cheap there too,,, 36 bucks for a walbro 990,,, 18 bucks for a lightened and balanced flywheel,,,,,,,,,,,,,

G

I have read only good things. I have a RCMK but still needs installation, LOL

xscrick

Banned
gizmotors

at little 339 bucks for 7 horsepower,, in 29.5cc full mod with zenoah 4 bolt bottom,, rcmk top,,,, that puts obr and these other engine manufactures out of business,,,,,,,,obr with that kind of power is 500 plus,,,,,,,,,not to mention 600 for a twin,,,

G

I have the 7.5hp 27.2cc FMLR. It's awesome. I am going to throw a RCMK into the same platform for comparison.

krashkrieg

Contributor
RCDAD said:
I have the 7.5hp 27.2cc FMLR. It's awesome. I am going to throw a RCMK into the same platform for comparison.
If you have a 7hp RCMK then it will be a REALLY great comparison that many will enjoy hearing about...

G

Its their full mod rated at 7.5hp and up to 18k rpms. Will be a good comparison.

BertR

Hey RCDAD ! I tell you what, Lets toss that badboy in my platform and I will tell you all about it and we can compare smiles lol. I would like to see that beast in action is it going in your xsc

G

Yes it will. :D The OBR is in the XB. I'll run same size tires and belt drives on both. Both also have rear pipes so it should be a fair comparison. I'm still a couple month out before I will get some good me time!

alfred e numan

its good to shop around.

yes. this guy has very good deals.- how can he sell so low is my question. nearly 1/2 price on Walbro compaired to everyone else. 20 bucks for a lightened balanced flywheel- lowest price on the web from the searching i have done- all my engines have his carbs-flywheels. yes, i do have one of his full mod 36mm - kits. not assenbled it yet- zen 4 bolt. ya know as well as i do that he is not loseing $$ on Walbro- or the flywheels- but still sells for 50+% less than others--- hummmm.

krashkrieg

Contributor
LOL...I get it...you're comparing unmodified King Motors engines to the RCMK because it's odd that they can sell them so cheap...yet so powerful...

alfred e numan

I think part of it is where he is located. Look at Califorina for example. taxes. Large scale- Illionis.- Taxes. I listen to the radio stations in Ca. There is another huge increase in taxes - disguised as proposition 35? that will be voted on shortly- too bad that you do not even need to show a valid identafaction to vote in that state-- As for gizmo, he does have his own cnc machine. plenty of those for sale all over the web.

alfred e numan

alfred e numan said:
I think part of it is where he is located. Look at Califorina for example. taxes. Large scale- Illionis.- Taxes. I listen to the radio stations in Ca. There is another huge increase in taxes - disguised as proposition 35? that will be voted on shortly- too bad that you do not even need to show a valid identafaction to vote in that state-- As for gizmo, he does have his own cnc machine. plenty of those for sale all over the web.
As usual, I am mistaken- Large Scale is in Indiana- same story though- taxes. Now, out of state transactions usually are tax free. but, there are plenty of lobbyists chomping at the bit to change that if we let them get away with it.

Inertia Racing Products

Hi Guys,

I certainly don't want to step on any toes with this post...but i hope this helps clarify a few things..

this post is from my personal experience, i understand i am new over here, but i am by no meens new to large scale gassers.

with that said i have known bruce ( gizmomotors ) and his family for a little over 6 years.

I have run his motors in big gasser boats for damn near that long, i also have one of his 30.5 motors in one of my baja's.

i will start with bruce himself, he damn sure comes across as an old bastard somethimes, because he is...Lol.. he has zero patience, and his personality is much like my own..

most intraverts do not do well in public, thats why we usually have someone else deal with the public... in my case i took a beating in the car business as a service advisor, then manager from the public so its a self preservation kinda thing.

anyway getting back to the point, once you break down the initial wall you will find bruce is a good guy in general .

his motors run great and in my personal experience they last, and are easy to tune.

as for his prices:

1) all of his work is done in house, therefore cost is relative. everything he does is done by CNC and his equipment is ,and has been paid for for a long time.

2) he buys in mass quantity, you guys would be shocked if you knew what these motors and parts actually cost if you buy in bulk.... enough said there before i get in trouble.

3) the 2 above statements are on raw goods, the other aspect is pretty straight forward, a fair price mark up... with that said, if you look closely at the bottom line total of his parts ( excluding motor assy's ) versus other distributors, they are not that far off in the end.

he charges paypal and credit card fees, add 3%, he charges flat rate shipping on small orders...so a Walbro 990 carb @ 39.00 plus the above is pretty dang close to what the other guys are charging after discounts ...

as to his motor prices, combine all 3 of the above and you have your answer..

in closing , i guess the bottom line always comes back to the same thing, there are a multitude of engine builders, some better than others, some hand port and a selct few have the luxery of CNC, there are Very few guys that can put out a consistant hand ported motor everytime.

i only know of 2 and they build custom , tight tolerance motors, these guys do Not build production, off the shelf, sloppy or inconsistant toleranced motors and you pay for thier time and experience...

this gets me back to the CNC builder, the motors are the same everytime, it wont be a true custom , but i will take it over some guy with a little knowledge anda die grinder everytime, or i will pay the true knowledgeable guy to build the custom... i have done both...

I know the whole motor deal is like talking about politics, taboo most of the time, and everyone has thier favorite. this post is again, about my personal experiences.

sorry for the long winded post, and here is a vid of a GMM 30.5 that now has well over 20 tanks of gas through it. it was just broken in when i did this vid. ( i was taking it easy for about the 1st 2 mins ) and it still runs the same today

GMM 30.5 with a Flowsystem Pipe

[ame]

[/ame]

G

Looks good. I've got one of there motors just waiting to be installed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.