• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

gizmotors??

JB RACER

I have Gizmo pro mod 8,000 clutch and jet pro pipe in my MT runs like a bear lots of torque and my son has the same in his XT he is faster than me but also lighter the guys at Gizmo are great we are lucky to live 1/2 hour away

G

Wayne said:
I have seen people recomend 16:1.
That's what Gizmo motors requires for their warranty. :eek:

G

I honestly think that it's just their way of covering their but. Hopefully I never need to warranty mine, I run 25:1 in it. :)

Cca

RCDAD said:
I honestly think that it's just their way of covering their but. Hopefully I never need to warranty mine, I run 25:1 in it. :)
They claim that he can tell if it was run 16:1? I thought it was crazy but figured why not give it a shot. So far I've had no problems never ate a plug as of yet (still the original). I would think you would be still okay with the 25:1 though.

Greggfromohio

JB RACER said:
I think its Tim at GIZMO who told me 8oz per gallon of fuel I don't know what ratio that is but that's what we run
That would be 16:1

G

JB RACER said:
I think its Tim at GIZMO who told me 8oz per gallon of fuel I don't know what ratio that is but that's what we run
Do you notice more smoke or excess oil mess out the pipe?

rampage idiot

I have run my Gizmo 30.5 full mod for a year using 25:1 never had a problem and I never even heard such a thing as running 16:1, They never told me to run it at that!!

Ildy666

I have the same motor and i'm runnin 25:1 and never had a problem and i was never told about runnin16:1 either???seems rich to me. I'll keep mine at 25:1 i believe its getting lubricated fine...

G

They recommend more oil for a better ring seal. Higher compression and less blow by.

I've never tried 16:1.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.