• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Gears

Guantanamo Joe

OK, so tonight I am going to take the belt drive from my XT and put it on the MT. My question is this- Does it benefit me to take the gears from the MT and put them on something else? Do they all have different ratios and gearing? Can someone smart suggest something until I can afford belt drives for all 3?

Thanks

G

The XT and MT have the same ratio (25-35 gears) but the gear style is different. 4pin & square drive. The buggies including your DR have 29-31.

Guantanamo Joe

Also, on the Dunerunner: I read in another thread that you can switch the gear on the clutch bell and the one in the middle for a little more top end.

My other question is: can the same be done for the other 2 gears for even more?

I was taking off my broken gear cover and just wondered. The dunerunner got a new A frame today because it took a hell of a hit at the abandoned go kart track here. I broke a front A frame and bent the dogbone for that wheel... I have gotten the dogbone pretty straight again, but looks like I might need to add a set of those to my box of spare parts to keep me going :D

Guantanamo Joe

ok- so being someone who is looking at the screen like you just spoke greek to me, would it be advantageous to take the MT gears and put them on the Dunerunner? It is mainly an on road platform for me.

rampagemt

Yes you can switch the 29 and 31 around I did it with a nice increase in top end. I am not sure about the last 2 gears I am sure you can as stock is 31 29 26 24 I think you would hardly have any take off if you switch the 26 and 24

G

You could give it crazy top end. Install the 35 tooth gear one the clutch shaft and the 25 tooth on the middle shaft. It will be a tad slower of the line, but the top speed will be higher.

Guantanamo Joe

Thanks, I will try it out. You know what sucks? I tinker with these things all night on my nights off- and I cant take them out to test these things until tomorrow morning... ha ha ha

Guantanamo Joe

Ok, so the other 2 gears are a no-go. I swapped them out and when I rolled it along the floor, the front gear in the center binds with the bottom gear... I moved every washer and spacer I could because I really would love to clock this thing in the morning, but I guess I will get more top end somewhere else :D

G

On the 4 pin set up all three 25t gears are interchangeable the square drive have a 24 and 26. Those don't interchange. Try the 35-25 set up on the pavement. I think you will like it. :D

Guantanamo Joe

so- try the MT gears on the Dunerunner? Ok, glad I havent put the DR back together yet... was just about to but the baby woke up for his middle of the night bottle... thanks little guy for saving your daddy some time... ha ha ha

G

It is the mount for the other side of the lay shaft.(behind the breaks before the center diff)

You don't need it on the MT. It already has one. Just keep it for a spare.

G

rampagemt said:
My dune runner is the 4 pin set up and the last 2 gears are 26 24 . Counted them and checked again and yup 26 24
The MT has the 3 25t gears.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts