• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Gears for MT

speedbaboon

Hi folks

I need advice on replacing the MT gears with MCD ones. I'm about to order some MCD gears to prepare in case the stock ones strip (cos I heard they're really sh**t)

From my understanding, i can replace the C and D gears with MCD 25 / 25 gears. How about the A and B?? Do the MCD gears fit on these as well??

Whats the stock A & B gears on the MT??

Thanks

yolonda21

Contributor
MCD does have some gears for these ,your stock gears total 60 teeth (25/35) so you can use mcd gear that total the same....24/36...27/33...30/30 ...ect

speedbaboon

Got that.. thanks

Whats the best combo for A & B (in terms of low speed response and good high speed run) if I wanna upgrade to 28.5 headkit?? I'll be running X-Can too

speedbaboon

mooman007uk said:
I just ordered 27/33 and 30/30. I'm running a ported 28.5 and i reckon it'll pull 27/33 with the mt tires no probs I got the 30/30 for my paddles and buggy tires.
Are going you to have to upgrade the driveline components with more powerful engine and taller gearing??

Simsy

Hey Roby you can get ramteck steel 25s from PSR in adelaide and for the MTs I run MCD 24/36 lot of torque i reckon that you could run 27/33 easy for more top end. For the TTs I run 30/30s goes like hell with that ratio and the smaller wheels.

speedbaboon

Simsy said:
Hey Roby you can get ramteck steel 25s from PSR in adelaide and for the MTs I run MCD 24/36 lot of torque i reckon that you could run 27/33 easy for more top end. For the TTs I run 30/30s goes like hell with that ratio and the smaller wheels.
Hi mate,

Good to hear from you here :D

I was referring if you'd have to upgrade most drivetrain stuff like dogbones, diff gears etc etc ... I want to try 30/30 for MT but mike is out on this one

mooman007uk

Banned
I got the steel 25t ramtech gears for c+d but diffs look beefy enough and rest of the drivetrain does too. If i snap the dogbone pins I'll get the mcd ones ...others here have been running more powerful engines for a while without any problems.

I think 30/30 will be too tall I reckon for the mt tires...stock is 25/35

Simsy

Well I have tryed this combo and found that they are to tall when running the mt wheels took forever to get up and go but once it got the revs up it had plenty of top speed. I am running the 24/36 but want to try the next one down. I havent had any probs with the driveline at all however I have heard that with the MT wheels on power on landing are a no no they tend to snap drive pins in the diff.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts